2 questions

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Hockey

2 questions

Post by Hockey »

First off, awesome CMS...

1) The layout I have has a static left side navigation panel (about us, history, faw, etc) How do I link the control panel to the articles created by phpwCMS??? WOuld I create the articles first then copy the URL and paste that into the template/layout anchors accordingly???

2) Also which file would I look at if I was interested in adding PHP execution in templates??? I tried submitting PHP in with the template but it doesn't get parsed or executed...so when you assemble the templates into a single buffered output your not using include, but rather fopen or something???

Is there a way to have the tables use percentage instead of pixels???

Alot of my designs often require display a single pixel wide bitmap for the entire length of the screen which scales nicely to any reoslution...fixed pixels don't allow this...how can I change the pixels to percentage???

How can I change this behavior? Hopefully I just have to replace a couple fopen's with an include???

Thanks again :)

Cheers
Pappnase

Re: 2 questions

Post by Pappnase »

hello

when you hav an static menue, build the structure and use the id tags in the menue.

then you can use the id or the alias as you can see in the overview here
[ID][/ID]
http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/link_tags.phtml

for the php code you can use also tags as you can see and read here :wink:
esp. {PHP:} or [PHP][/PHP]
http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/system_tags.phtml

[/quote]
Hockey

Cool

Post by Hockey »

Thanks for the quick response.

I just figured out how to include PHP in my templates just as you wrote me back. My apologies, but i'm very impatient. 8)

Anyways, another quick question for ya.

If I use PHP in the template and have it pull from records from a database...I have no user friendly way of editing that data, except to use phpMyAdmin or something.

So can I write a MOD which would provide a interface to updating the database table in question. Basically what I am asking is...is this what a MOD is for???

For example say I have dynamic news section in the right hand portion of the template, using the PHP replacement tag. Would an backend interface for updating that news section be considered a MOD???

Also I just stumbled onto a bug. I think.

When I uploaded a GIF file to a private folder...seems like I couldn't load it into a public folder. Anyways, when I add that GIF to an article and specify the size (other than blank) the image is copied and then thumbnailed in the same directory as the original, but it's saved as PNG and the HTML generated for the thumbnail is looking for GIF.

I'm not sure if i'm missing somehting or if it's a bug...i'll look into more later today...right now I need some sleep.

Keep up the great work...
TAOG

Re: Cool

Post by TAOG »

Hockey wrote: Also I just stumbled onto a bug. I think.

When I uploaded a GIF file to a private folder...seems like I couldn't load it into a public folder. Anyways, when I add that GIF to an article and specify the size (other than blank) the image is copied and then thumbnailed in the same directory as the original, but it's saved as PNG and the HTML generated for the thumbnail is looking for GIF.
it is an bug in the system. try png at start for any gif pictures. that solve ure problem atm.