Multilingual site

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
antal

Multilingual site

Post by antal »

We would like to make a multilingual site. We would like to make one template, layout and stylesheet. After that make one page, with one layout and only the text in other languages. We only need to place the pictures, etc once and translate the text into another language.

No multi site structures like some people post on this forum!

Is there a hack available or can this be done/made?

Depending on the costs, we are willing to pay for this hack to be made!
reklame-haus

Post by reklame-haus »

Hi,

There is allready multilanguage support.

Check this page:

http://phpwcms.reklame-haus.de/phpwcms/ ... ,0,0,1,0,0
Kahriman GmbH | Internetagentur Hannover
antal

Post by antal »

I do not mean like this. This site you mentioned is build in several levels, in which you have to make to page again and again for every level.

I want to have one page layout and only change the text, not pictures and other stuff!
TAOG

Post by TAOG »

actual it does not exist an multilingual system in phpwcms.
i think it is in mind of oliver and we will get this in the near future :) (i hope) i need it for some projects too.
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

You could perhaps use CSS?

Create two DIVs on each page, one on top of the other. Put German text in one DIV, English in the other. You could code the co-ords and z-index manually, or build the page using a visual editor like Dreamweaver and cut/paste the HTML code into your PHPWCMS template. You can show/hide layers as you work on the layout, but make sure the final code has no visibility values for the DIVs.

Give each DIV a CSS class, e.g <div class="germantxt">Willkommen</div><div class="englishtxt">Welcome</div>

Create two stylesheets, e.g. german.css, english.css

In german.css, set .englishtxt { visibility: hidden; }
In english.css, set .germantxt { visibility: hidden; }

Then allow users to choose stylesheet using style-switcher technique kindly posted by rk in this thread:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24679#24679

Maybe... :wink:

You could also selectively show/hide just paragraphs of text using CSS, e.g. p.germantxt { display: none } but I imagine it would be difficult to format a page this way.
reklame-haus

Post by reklame-haus »

Yes I see, you want to have the system like oscommerce. But phpwcms is working different. I had same problem. I added all different language pages one by one. If you find the solution please explain here and send the codes to Oliver.

Cheers..
Kahriman GmbH | Internetagentur Hannover