PHPWCMS vs. Typo3

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
shocktone

PHPWCMS vs. Typo3

Post by shocktone »

Hi guys,

no offense here. PHPWCMS is just great ! But are there any users out there that use both ?
I know it takes alot of time to get used to TYPO3. But other than that.
What about development time of the actual sites ?
Would it makes sense to use Typo3 for smaller customers ?
What do you use PHPWCMS or Typo3 for ? What are the Pro/Cons of both ?

Greetings....
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello shock

later i wrote moe need to go to work! :-)
Oliver Georgi wrote: The motivation to write another content management system

About a year ago (AUG-02) I had a job to produce a larger website. There the customer should be able to manage the whole content self. So I searched for a possible content management solution – I tested nearly every available for free out there. At the end it was TYPO3 that fits my needs. TYPO3 is a very potent software (good work Kasper) but has one huge disadvantage: it needs a lot of time before you will get the first professional result. This was the motivation for me to extend one of my work – a file management solution for usergroups. That is why you can find a message and chat module in phpwcms. What I definitly did not want is a replacement to TYPO3. phpwcms is an entry or better mid-range content management system.
http://www.phpwcms.de/index.php?id=2,0,0,1,0,0
shocktone

Post by shocktone »

"it needs a lot of time before you will get the first professional result."

I dont know if he means that it takes time to learn typo3 or the time to develop the actual sites....
Executter

Post by Executter »

Typo 3 is the best CMS on market at the moment.
But it's the most complicate CMS too ^^

I would only use Typo 3. The thousands of PlugIns are very n1ce.
But phpwcms is much friendlier to handle.

Therefor i prefer phpwcms.

Sry 4 my bad english :D
Armin Rüdiger Vieweg
Design & Programmierung

spirelli

Post by spirelli »

I also have tried several content management systems and I founf phpwcms so esy to andle and that was the reason I stuck with it. You can have a site up in no time (well if you want to have a decent design yu still have to invest in this). But I also find that one reached some limitations that phpwcms imposes fairly soon.