Admin login problems

Use GitHub to post bug reports and error descriptions for phpwcms. Describe your problem detailed!
submike

Admin login problems

Post by submike »

I've had no problem logging into the CMS until today. When I went to login today, I get the following error displayed at the bottom of the page.

Warning: Unknown(): write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

My user name shows up under users online, however it keeps sending me back to the same page. I have not touched any of the code or logged in to the CMS in over a week.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

please call your hoster! looks like an serversite problem!
submike

Post by submike »

Now, I'm getting more errors and I haven't touched anything.

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_5e5c6cb4fbd500c0ee87763024626989, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in login.php on line 24

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at login.php:24) in login.php on line 24

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at login.php:24) in login.php on line 24

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_5e5c6cb4fbd500c0ee87763024626989, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I've contacted the hosting company, and they seem to be clueless. They don't even know what a CMS is. Any ideas on what could affect this? Disabling/abling a feature in PHP maybe? What could no space left on device mean (database, storage, etc)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Mike

p.s. I removed the path from the places where login.php appears. In every instance they're pointing to the right place
cguenther

Post by cguenther »

your harddisk is full. there is no space left to write the sessiondata into the /tmp directory. that's the problem why all the errors occure.

only the first line is importent.
Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_5e5c6cb4fbd500c0ee87763024626989, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in login.php on line 24
say your hoster, that they should check the harddiskspace of the server.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

close all browser's empty cache and cookies! and then start again!
cguenther

Post by cguenther »

@ pappnase:

it's not a client problem. it's a serverside problem. closing browsers would not free space an the server :twisted:
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

sorry! :oops:
submike

Post by submike »

The first thing I did when I received this error was to check the harddisk space available through my account control panel. The CP indicates I'm only using 41MB out of 450MB available.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in the intial post
???
cguenther

Post by cguenther »

that you only use 41 MB of the possible 450 MB of your account dosen't say, that that space is really free on the harddisk.

it seems, that your hoster selled more accounts and space then the harddisk of the server is having. beleave in me, the disk is full. and it's not your fault. it's the fault of your hoster.

and even more. the dir /tmp is not counted on your account. /tmp is the generally temporary directory of the server.