Unwanted line break generated

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Jimmy_Jazz

Unwanted line break generated

Post by Jimmy_Jazz »

Firstly, thanks Oliver for a great CMS. Ive tried so many CMS solutions and this by far is the easiest and most concise for my purposes. Ive been searching the forum for a month or so now and have found all the answers to my questions - great community!

Anyway - heres my problem:

Ive been adding html content parts to my articles like this:

When I then view this page in my browser the CMS has placed an unwanted and <br /> tag:

Any ideas how I can get rid of this line break?

Thanks
submike

Post by submike »

Just curious, did you find a solution to this? I ran into the same problem.
kubens

Post by kubens »

I have the same problem. The only way to solve this is to modify directly the files which are repsonsible for rendering the different block elements. Take a look into the folder include/inc_frontend/content. For example cnt14.article.inc.php is responsible for rendering a HTML block element:

Code: Select all

//HTML

$content["main"] .= headline($crow["acontent_title"], $crow["acontent_subtitle"], $template_default["article"]);
$content["main"] .= ($crow["acontent_html"]) ? "<br />".$crow["acontent_html"] : "";
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

Hi Kubens. Thanks for the tip about this. The extra space has been bugging me for a while too. I assume the 'cntnn.article.inc.php' file generates plain HTML content part? Do you know if I (we) would need to remove the <br /> tag from any other files? :?:
kubens

Post by kubens »

Yes, it seems to me that it is necessary to overwork all files in that folder, but I am not sure at this moment. Furthermore there was anything else buggy, but I could not remember. If I am back at home, i will examine my sources and will post my results.
kubens

Post by kubens »

Durring some tests last days I recognized some additional unmeanted <br /> tags in my html source. After some tests I found out that the problem was the following line:

$content["main"] .= nl2br(div_class($crow["acontent_text"],$template_default["article"]["text_class"])); 
after i replaced the line above by the following one the <br /> tags are gone with the wind.

$content["main"] .=	nl2br($crow["acontent_text"]);
Unfortunatelly I have no experience with PHP, so i was not able to analyze the nl2br function in more detail. But maybe we have another member of this forum, who is able to bring more details forward?
Karla

Post by Karla »

kubens wrote:I have the same problem. The only way to solve this is to modify directly the files which are repsonsible for rendering the different block elements. Take a look into the folder include/inc_frontend/content. For example cnt14.article.inc.php is responsible for rendering a HTML block element:

//HTML

$content["main"] .= headline($crow["acontent_title"], $crow["acontent_subtitle"], $template_default["article"]);
$content["main"] .= ($crow["acontent_html"]) ? "<br />".$crow["acontent_html"] : "";
That is actually for WYSIWYG HTML.
cnt6.article.inc.php is for HTML, BUT it is all brought together in content.article.inc.php:

$content["main"] .= "<a name="jump".$row["article_id"].""></a>";

if($content["summary"]) {
	$content["main"] .= $content["summary"];
	$content["main"] .= $template_default["article"]["head_after"];

$content["main"] .= ($crow["acontent_before"]) ? "<br />".spacer(1,$crow["acontent_before"]) : "";

switch($crow["acontent_type"]) { //Felder für passenden Content Type

case 1:		include("include/inc_front/content/cnt1.article.inc.php");	break;	//Text mit Bild
		case 2:		include("include/inc_front/content/cnt2.article.inc.php");	break;	//Nur Bilder
		case 3:		include("include/inc_front/content/cnt3.article.inc.php");	break;	//Link & Email
		case 4:		include("include/inc_front/content/cnt4.article.inc.php");	break;	//Bullet List
		case 5:		include("include/inc_front/content/cnt5.article.inc.php");	break;	//Link Liste
		case 6:		include("include/inc_front/content/cnt6.article.inc.php");	break;	//HTML
		case 14:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt14.article.inc.php");	break;	//WYSIWYG HTML
		case 7:		include("include/inc_front/content/cnt7.article.inc.php");	break;	//File List
		case 8:		include("include/inc_front/content/cnt8.article.inc.php");	break;	//Link Article
		case 15:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt15.article.inc.php");	break;	//Article Menu
		case 9:		include("include/inc_front/content/cnt9.article.inc.php");	break;	//Multimedia
		case 10:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt10.article.inc.php");	break;	//Email Form
		case 11:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt11.article.inc.php");	break;	//Code
		case 12:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt12.article.inc.php");	break;	//Newsletter Subscription
		case 13:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt13.article.inc.php");	break;	//Search Form
		case 16:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt16.article.inc.php");	break;	//Ecard
		case 18:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt18.article.inc.php");	break;	//guestbook
		case 19:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt19.article.inc.php");	break;	//sitemap
		case 20:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt20.article.inc.php");	break;	//bid
		case 21:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt21.article.inc.php");	break;	//page / ext. content
		case 50:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt50.article.inc.php");	break;	//reference
		case 100:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt100.article.inc.php");break;	//<ul>/<li> Liste
		default:	include("include/inc_front/content/cnt0.article.inc.php");	break;	//Text

}

//Standardfelder Abschluß
	if($crow["acontent_top"]) { //check if top link should be shown
		if($template_default["article"]["top_sign_before"].$template_default["article"]["top_sign_after"]) {
			$content["main"] .= $template_default["article"]["top_sign_before"];
			$content["main"] .= '<a href="#top">'.$template_default["article"]["top_sign"].'</a>';
			$content["main"] .= $template_default["article"]["top_sign_after"];
		} else {
			$content["main"] .= '<br /><a href="#top">'.$template_default["article"]["top_sign"].'</a>';
		}						
	}
	$content["main"] .= ($crow["acontent_after"]) ? "<br />".spacer(1,$crow["acontent_after"]) : "";

}
mysql_free_result($cresult);
}
}
}

$content["main"] = str_replace("</table>\n<br />", "</table>\n", $content["main"]);
$content["main"] = str_replace("</table><br />", "</table>", $content["main"]);
$content["main"] = str_replace("</div><br />", "</div>", $content["main"]);