red folders on installation... again

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

ok, now the only difference is that i must log in twice :)
the first time does log me in but maintains the same page [login.php], on loggin in for the second time it forwards me to phpwcms.php
strange but not so uncommon from posts i have read.
but alas still no thumbs | images | upload etc.

thanks for the help and for the reseacrch too - could i change the "include_once" to "include" and only expect a performace hit?
it sounds messy already :) [and a slight pain for all the futer releases too]
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

pSouper wrote:ok, now the only difference is that i must log in twice :)
the first time does log me in but maintains the same page [login.php], on loggin in for the second time it forwards me to phpwcms.php
strange but not so uncommon from posts i have read.
but alas still no thumbs | images | upload etc.

thanks for the help and for the reseacrch too - could i change the "include_once" to "include" and only expect a performace hit?
it sounds messy already :) [and a slight pain for all the futer releases too]
The thumbs | images | upload "smacks" of file/folder permissions (don't know if that matters on your local server).
The "double-login" sounds familiar :roll:
The include vs. include_once issue would be a bag of worms... It's used in ~many~ places...

Have to think on it :?
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

thanks for all you help D - I must run off to an Xmas dinner now too.
I'll be knocking on this door again Sunday - be afraid or be out the choice is yours :)

and Oliver, I'm still not disheartend with phpwcms at all, so thanks for creating it in the first place :lol:
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

DeXXus wrote:Okay, research shows that the Windows version of PHP currently does not support remote file accessing for include_once() function.
This may not be the problem if "php.ini" has the following:

Code: Select all

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Fopen wrappers ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Whether to allow the treatment of URLs (like http:// or ftp://) as files.
allow_url_fopen = On
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

Sorry DeXXus, I've been VERY stupid - I have been using a database that have images uploaded but had since reinstalled phpwcms and so the thumbs that could not be found were not even there :(
having corrected that....
I have been able to fix my problems to a point.
still I use "tinyotots.tv/" as my site and "" as my root but have changed a line in my login.php from

mysql_free_result($check);
		header("Location: ".$phpwcms["site"].$phpwcms["root"]."phpwcms.php");
		exit();
to...

mysql_free_result($check);
		header("Location: "."phpwcms.php");
		exit();
this now lets me login fine AND shows the thumbs [mini mexican wave in honnour of this]

I now have only one more issue to beat (i think)
I can't upload files as this gives me an error....

Please do not try again - this is an server error! Contact the webmaster to tell as soon as possible!
This is I am lead to belive a dir admin rights issue. I have set all rights to all forlder to full_control (winXP version of 777) but still have the same prob.
would it be possible to ask if one of you php guys would write a line of debug code that would display the full path that phpwcms is actually trying to create a new directory in please? - i think this may help me find the source of my problems.
thanks in advance pSouper.