Nav Problems - is PHPwcms flawed?

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
urbanmac

Nav Problems - is PHPwcms flawed?

Post by urbanmac »

I have created a simple site structure at

http://www.createmobile.co.uk/index.php

If you click on Photos, you will see a sub-category called Holidays. My question is why is the text 'Holidays 2003' linked?? If you select Spain, France or Germany, theses headings are not linked.

I want the first article in my sub-category to list other articles in that catgorey
Any help?

Thanks
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Holidays 2003 is an article too - but the top article with more info showed. Fill in the article summary and you will understand what it is for.

If you have only 1 article in the current structure level available no article listing is shown - just the article will be rendered.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
sporto

Post by sporto »

One other thing... I'm glad to see that you downloaded my hack for the email to a friend - but it seems that in the lastest version that I posted I forgot to remove my informaiton (email and work URL) :oops: . If you you wuold, please change the default variables to your own information or re-download the send to a friend file that I re-posted. That would be most appreciated.

All the best,

Mark
urbanmac

Post by urbanmac »

sporto wrote:One other thing... I'm glad to see that you downloaded my hack for the email to a friend - but it seems that in the lastest version that I posted I forgot to remove my informaiton (email and work URL) :oops: . If you you wuold, please change the default variables to your own information or re-download the send to a friend file that I re-posted. That would be most appreciated.

All the best,

Mark
sorry about that mark, have removed it for now until I get around to changing the code.
urbanmac

Post by urbanmac »

Oliver Georgi wrote:Holidays 2003 is an article too - but the top article with more info showed. Fill in the article summary and you will understand what it is for.

If you have only 1 article in the current structure level available no article listing is shown - just the article will be rendered.
I've added some summary text and its still showing the article headline as linked which I assum is meant to happen. But what I want to show is the first level page to have a list of other articles in that sub-category.

I have to say though after using Typo 3 for a few weeks this is a joy to use :)
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

OK,
I think I know what you mean. I will make it on my list. Disable the article listing and display 1st article ever if clicking structure level
urbanmac

Post by urbanmac »

Oliver Georgi wrote:OK,
I think I know what you mean. I will make it on my list. Disable the article listing and display 1st article ever if clicking structure level
Yep, as it is I think it is confusing for the user, as they click on the link to get the same page that theya re already on!
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

No, that's not my intense. It's not the same page you are on if you see the article listing - it's the structure article listing. Do not use the summary to create a full page - it is something like a short page version for better content handling. You can make all listed articles shown with summary. That's why there is a [more...] link.

Oliver
pd

Post by pd »

sporto wrote:One other thing... I'm glad to see that you downloaded my hack for the email to a friend - but it seems that in the lastest version that I posted I forgot to remove my informaiton (email and work URL) :oops: . If you you wuold, please change the default variables to your own information or re-download the send to a friend file that I re-posted. That would be most appreciated.

All the best,

Mark
Sporto, I'm quite interested in this hack. But I cannot find it in the forum. Could you tell where to find it?
frold

Post by frold »

pd wrote:

All the best,

Mark
Sporto, I'm quite interested in this hack. But I cannot find it in the forum. Could you tell where to find it?
At this post http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1876#1876

but at this site.. http://www.mlbmarketing.com/wcms/
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark