My site won't let me in...HELP!

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
oldfolk

My site won't let me in...HELP!

Post by oldfolk »

I haven't been able to get into my site. It was running just fine for a week now and then all of a sudden when I go to log in I get the following:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/trentonm/public_html/include/inc_conf/conf.inc.php: 78 ) in /home/trentonm/public_html/login.php on line 142

What happens is that I log in and then it shows that I am logged in but can't access the admin menu. Then I have to log in a second time before it will then show the admin menu, but this time I just keep getting this error msg.

This happened before, so I deleted all the files and database, changed servers, installed anew and things have been going along as above, but I haven't been able to get in all day....ugh!

I have downloaded and installed the latest version and P1 P2 P3 P4. I'm totally at a loss.

Does anyone have a clue or suggestions? I've tried searching the board but haven't found anything other than to upgrade and install patches, which I did.

Any help would be appreciated - thanx in advance
oldfolk

Post by oldfolk »

For those of you experiencing the same problem, I kinda got it working again. And yes it was a path problem. For some reason the regular path setup didn't work with this program (or at least not with my install).

After following the upteen threads with their various links, and trying everything suggested, I finally found one post referring to the document_root .php file. This showed that the server and document roots were somewhat different.

After making the changes outlined in that file, I am once again able to get in, albeit, it still makes me log in a second time about 50% of the time.

As it had worked for a week before this happened, with no changes in the code by me, I am keeping my fingers crossed and holding my breath until a week goes by.

Non-the-less thanks to whomever had the great idea of including the doc_root file 'cause I can once again access my admin controls. :!: