newsletter problem

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
skywalker826

newsletter problem

Post by skywalker826 »

Hi expert,

Please help me to understand how this newsletter works in phpwcms. I'm using phpwcms 1.5.3

1. I see in "Communication" menu-> there is newsletter options:
newsletter
newsletter subscribers
newsletter subscriptions

2. then I want to create a subscriber form on the frontend. Here is what i did

I created an article Called
"Subscribe"
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
-- FORM content

in "Subscribe to Our newsletter", I have:
subtitle: Enter your email address here
category: Subscribe [ID:50]

In content part FORM, I have:
subject: <filled>
recipient: <filled>
database:
save form results [checked]
save user profile data [checked]
- at here there is "Download" button that I can see how many ppl subscribe

Questions:
1. I want to see the linkage between article/form (form to ask ppl to sign up newsletter), and the communication->newsletter ?
Why can't the communication->newsletter maintain the subscriber list created from the signup form?
The subscribers that sign up, does not appear in communication->newsletter subscribers. Why ?

2. If I want to have newsletter auto-send to subscriber whenever there is new article created, is that possible ?
How ? if it is possible, do I firstly create the newsletter template , and that article should have newsletter contentpart ?

Appreciate your helps.

Regards,
Sky
skywalker826

Re: newsletter problem

Post by skywalker826 »

nobody ?
update

Post by update »

Here you have two links that might help you along... in german only at this time
Try either
http://www.phpwcms-howto.de/wiki/doku.p ... p-formular
or
http://www.phpwcms-howto.de/wiki/doku.p ... newsletter

Set up a channel
Enter some recipients by hand at first, select channel they might have checked
Then you need to set up a newsletter, check channel(s)

Test send letter
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
skywalker826

Post by skywalker826 »

Thanks. Issue resolved.
skywalker826

Post by skywalker826 »

Claus,

I have some questions about newsletter.

1. in Communication -> Newsletter, there is total/queuing/sent, may I know how soon it will be sent after queuing ? does the sent engine have any timing to trigger sending ?
Can I configure the timing when to trigger sent ?

Regards,
Sky
update

Post by update »

It will be sent immideately for sure
You can trigger looping: xx recipients per loop and time elapsed between loops. That should be enough...
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
skywalker826

Post by skywalker826 »

I have mine queuing for few days...not sending.

total/queuing/sent 2/2/0

Where to check the problem is ?
update

Post by update »

what mail values did you insert into conf.inc.php?
skywalker826

Post by skywalker826 »

Thanks. I checked the SMTP in conf.inc.php, the value looks OK.
At least from frontend, when I sign up newsletter, it able to trigger email to the email address that I specify in the subscription form.

I deleted all, and manually create a subscriber, activated the subscriber, and create a newsletter and checked for "newsletter active", but it only stay at 1/1/0 (total/queuing/sent) :-(,

How to make it sent ?????? or what are the list of conditions to fulfilled, in order to trigger sent ?

I don't understand by "You can trigger looping: xx recipients per loop and time elapsed between loops."

Regards,
Sky
skywalker826

Post by skywalker826 »

why newsletter is not sent at all after queue ?
Any expert here ? how to troubleshoot this ?

from frontend signup, email can be triggered successfully, so nothing wrong with SMTP setting in conf.inc.php
update

Post by update »

Hey Sky!
Don't get cheeky :evil:
Did you set the newsletter to [x] active?
If so, you have this little envelope with a green arrow. Click it and the next page will be the one, where you can send the letter to (test) recipients.
skywalker826 wrote:You can trigger looping: xx recipients per loop and time elapsed between loops.
will be there too.
If not, update your system.
skywalker826

Post by skywalker826 »

Ok. I tested with clicking the envelope icon with green arrow, email will be sent.
however, total/queuing/sent still 1/1/0