Page 1 of 2
Altering the Navigation Menu
Posted: Wed 26. May 2004, 20:06
by eglwolf
I would like to change the default horizontal rollover menu to one that looks like the Microsoft Hortizontal menu.
http://www.microsoft.com
I am sure I could hard code it once the articles are all entered, but I want phpwcms to auto generate this type of menu when I add new things.
How can this be done?
Posted: Wed 26. May 2004, 20:08
by pSouper
create the css style and place set it loose all over {NAV_ROW}
Posted: Wed 26. May 2004, 20:12
by eglwolf
pSouper Thanks for the quick reply, but I have no idea how to do that, can you give me a little more detail on that?
I can create the css style, but not sure how to get the menu system to use that.
Posted: Wed 26. May 2004, 20:57
by pSouper

i was not going to make a css for you so only offerd the quick reply but as you haven't asked here is a slightly longer reply...
<div class="articlehead">{NAV_ROW}</div>

Posted: Thu 27. May 2004, 07:27
by eglwolf
pSouper
I must apologize I wrote "horizontal" menu when I meant "vertical"
Now, I have played with the conf.template_default.inc, the frontend.css, and There are two things I can't figure out.
1) How to get a border using css around the mouseover, and have that set to something like 90% of that table width, like the MS site.
2) Get the flyout menus to work.
Any help from the community would be much appreciated.
Posted: Fri 28. May 2004, 17:29
by eglwolf
OK, I got the menu system almost to where I want it. Just one thing I can not figure out (and that is not from a lack of trying) and that is how to get a row border when you hover over the link. I have the background color which is fine, but I can get a border around that.
http://www.equivity.com/v4/
Posted: Fri 28. May 2004, 17:33
by Pappnase
hello
am i blind or did you get this with the border!?*smile*
Posted: Fri 28. May 2004, 17:38
by eglwolf
No I have not be able to get the border around the hover row. I want the hover row to look like the vertical menu on Microsofts site. Background #cccccc, border 1px solid #999999, however nothing I try in the frontend.cc or the conf.default.template works.
Posted: Fri 28. May 2004, 18:37
by Pappnase
hello
it won't work if you include this in this class in the frontend.css!?
Code: Select all
.nav_table a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}
Posted: Fri 28. May 2004, 18:49
by eglwolf
Yes and No.
It does make a border around the words, but not the row. Take a look :
http://www.equivity.com/v4/
I have tried everything I can think of and nothign will work. I was hoping one of the guru for phpwcms could help.
Posted: Fri 28. May 2004, 19:16
by Pappnase
eglwolf wrote:Yes and No.
It does make a border around the words, but not the row. Take a look :
http://www.equivity.com/v4/
I have tried everything I can think of and nothign will work. I was hoping one of the guru for phpwcms could help.
hello
i was on the german ms site and looked to the source!
thats what i found!*ggg
Code: Select all
style="border-color: #F1F1F1; background: #F1F1F1; width: 176px; overflow-x: hidden"
maybe it helps!*hope*
Posted: Fri 28. May 2004, 19:23
by eglwolf
I tried that, and still didn;t work. I think the problem is that there are cells and tables, and rows that make this navigation up and it is just not possible

Posted: Fri 28. May 2004, 19:29
by Pappnase
eglwolf wrote:I tried that, and still didn;t work. I think the problem is that there are cells and tables, and rows that make this navigation up and it is just not possible

maybe oliver has an idea!?
Posted: Sun 30. May 2004, 04:32
by evan
ok, you're going to have to clarfify something for me: you're trying to get a border to appear on the left hand vertical menu (Hosting, Servers, Domain Registration, etc) or the "Quick Links" line at the top?
if you're trying to do something to the side menu, you'll need to change the php directly. You can't do it with just CSS. The way it's currently set up, it uses javascript to change the background color of the table cell. You can't use the :hover psuedoclass on table elements. (well, you CAN with certain browsers, but it's not really well supported). What you need to do is either make it so that the javascript changes the border as well as the background color, or make it change the class / ID of the cell onMouseOver and put a border on the mouseover class in your style sheet.
Posted: Sun 30. May 2004, 04:36
by eglwolf
evan,
Yes I am trying to add a border around the Hosting, domain, servers links when you mouseover them. Just like the quick links area all the way at the top.
I somewhat understand what you are saying, but have no idea how to go about that. Can you give me a little information on that?