After Upgrade Cannot Update Pages

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
JK1150

After Upgrade Cannot Update Pages

Post by JK1150 »

I am trying to upgrade from version 1.3.9 to the latest 1.4.2. It didn't seem that there were any necessary updates to the database or file structure, so I just copied over the files/config and it started working fine. I am able to log in, view all my content, etc. However, when I go to update an article, clicking update does nothing. I can't seem to update any articles. Any advice?

Thanks in advance :D
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: After Upgrade Cannot Update Pages

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Upgrade to the most current dev release and check the last 2 sql update steps too (21/22) - compare your db structure against.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
JK1150

Post by JK1150 »

Oliver Georgi wrote:Upgrade to the most current dev release and check the last 2 sql update steps too (21/22) - compare your db structure against.
any idea when this dev release fix will be put in a stable version? I am in no rush to update
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

it is stable for productional use.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
splette

Post by splette »

I had the same problem (but with 1.4.5), doing sql updates 21/22 as suggested above fixed it. Thanks!
Escovan

Post by Escovan »

Hi,
I have the exact same problem, can't update articles after an upgrade from 1.3.5 to 1.4.6. Ofcourse first I tried the standard upgrade procedure but that kept returning MySQL errors. Then I tried running all the queries from the update files one by one using PHPMyAdmin, and as far as they didnt concern duplicates, this went ok. But even after I did this, I still have the same problem.

Could you (or anyone who knows) tell me exactly what the cause of and sollution to this problem is? Plz try to be specific, I'm just stupid or slow or there's something else wrong.
I'm pretty desperate, I've been struggling most of my weekend with it, and I can't seem to get it fixed.

I don't know if it helps, but I have a VPS, so shell access is not a problem.
Another detail I didn't see mentioned here was that the most recent articles I added before I started updating, seem to have disappeared from the list of "{NEW:10}"-articles; though they are still in the database, and show in the backend, but I can't edit them for now...

Regards,
Escovan (Netherlands)
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

In addition, have you ran the last patch? -> Docu: Download Dev Versions r402_patch1

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
Escovan

Post by Escovan »

Now I have got it finally! :) Seemed I was behind a few patches. I repeated the upgrade procedure, starting with 1.4.6 401-402 and then added the latest 402_patch1 file ... Now it finally works again!
Thanks for the support :)
(I actually considdered downgrading and reinstalling everything from scratch, I'm so glad that this is not needed :) )
Oh BTW, for me updating pages started working again AFTER I added a new article. Then I updated one of the old articles, and it worked again. Dunno for sure if its related, but thats what I noticed.