Visual Backend User's Guide - need your help!

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
alexander

Visual Backend User's Guide - need your help!

Post by alexander »

Hello folks,

I am currently preparing a visual Backend User's Guide – as I already announced in an earlier thread:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1752

I work on an Apple Macintosh thus I can't make a screenshot of the WYSIWYG HTML Editor. Can anyone support me with one?

I am writing the documentation in German first and will translate it into English if my time allows, so it would be great if you could shoot both an English and a German Backend Interface.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander
frold

Re: Visual Backend User's Guide - need your help!

Post by frold »

alexander wrote:Hello folks,

I am currently preparing a visual Backend User's Guide – as I already announced in an earlier thread:

Thanks in advance,
Alexander
visual, what do you mean with that?
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
brans

Post by brans »

here you go:

I use the standard settings:
- screen firefox 0.8
- screen IE 6.0 english
- screen IE 6.0 deutsch

BTW: There's absolutely no difference between the english and german version in firefox :)

If you need anymore shots just feel free to contact me via:

MSN: andibrenner at web dot de

alexander

Post by alexander »

@frold: With "visual" I mean a guide that includes a bunch of screenshots instead of too many words, thus making it easy and fast to learn (I hope).

@brans: Very cool. Thanks for your quick help. Also thanks for your offer to help with additional screen shots. I might contact you in the next few days, so be warned. :wink:
Also thanks for the hint that the WYSIWYG Editor works in Firefox as well. I didn't know that. ...and now guess what: it works in Firefox for the Mac as well... so I might not need to bother you again after all. I would like to include you in the credits of the documentation though. Should I include your mail adress? And what Name do you want to have stated? Andi Brenner?

It's a great community here... I always found help in these forums - and I would really love to see that the documentation process would get going soon!

Cheers,
Alexander