What's this?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Dan-G

What's this?

Post by Dan-G »

Wondering how this has been achieved - http://web.casa-loca.com/index.php?downloadexdata - login to use file manager

Front end login or some other module?
sustia

Re: What's this?

Post by sustia »

Edit, sorry.
Campeones del mundo!
Vegetables!
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

Breitsch once developed a login mod for phpwcms, maybe he has it still in use there. But meanwhile, since v1.3.3 you can do this using FE-Login CP and templates.
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
Dan-G

Post by Dan-G »

Cool, thanks Jensensen. does it work with the integrated file center?
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

It does. But it is no "download for members-only-script, as you might think. When a front end user successfully logged in to the system, it will be possible to access all contents of the member directory. This means that a new navigation link appears additionally in your site menus: index.php?member_dir (alias name)

Within this site structure level you can add articles, content parts e.g. CP 'file list' (download) , sub directories as usual....
Dan-G

Post by Dan-G »

Okay. The example, when logged in, facilitates folders and sub folders for the files which, if I understand you correctly, would not be possible with the current front end login solution?

Is there any way to achieve this otherwise?
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

i don't understand, what do you mean?
Dan-G

Post by Dan-G »

In the case of the FrontEnd-login solution you use a file list CP. With the file list CP you have to select the individual files you wish to be listed and you cannot group files into folders and sub-folders.

In the web-casa example, as a front end user you can navigate through folders and subfolders like you would the file manager in phpwcms - this is what I am after.
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

guess i was wrong because it wasn't Breitsch but phalancs who did the 'user panel' http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9882 i mentioned above.

Breitsch, as an experienced programmer, could have easily integrated a kind of ajax based downloader [??] on his web site. So my suggestion is to try to ask him how this was made...
I don't know because I haven't logged in yet on web casa...