How do I do this?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Moozie

How do I do this?

Post by Moozie »

I would like to create a button and a page called "story".
When I click story-button I want the text to appear. Until here all is simple.

But in that text on this page I would like to make some click-throughs without the meny button story-button to change. So these extra pages may not have an own button. Because if I create an extra item in the admin (let's say "story2") then that page story2 has it's own button.

Any clues on how to do this?

Thanx.
ionrock

Post by ionrock »

I think you are talking about creating articles that are public without making the site structure they are in public so it doesn't show up in the menu replacement tags. Maybe a little more info would help.
Moozie

Post by Moozie »

Yes that's right.

So, if I click on story-button, the story text will appear. In the text is a text-link to another article (story2) and if you click that link the menu will still be showing "story". So you see the text of page story2 but the menu button of story...
ionrock

Post by ionrock »

I think I understand now what you are saying. What you can do is make a structure level under the story level that is not public. In that new structure level is where you put the story2 article and make that one public. If you then go to the story2 article only the story part of the menu will be shown b/c the story2 structure level is not public. Let me know if that is what you were thinking of.
Moozie

Post by Moozie »

Yes that's it. Only when I click on story2, the page story2 is shown without any menu button (that is correct). But I thought that also the active page in the menu is gone. When you click a button, that button becomes white instead of grey and that means that that page is active. You know what I mean. After clicking the page2 link in the text I see a menu with no white button.

Understandable because the button of the page is hidden. But on phpwcms.de site I see that Oliver has also such text links and when I click that link, the active menu button (white) keeps in tact.
ionrock

Post by ionrock »

I am a little lost again it seems. I think an example would be best ;)
Moozie

Post by Moozie »

On the left you see in the menu a white nutton, representing the active page --> "erni". When I click a text-link (in the example called "story2") in the text of the "ernu-page" as described above, he goes to a hidden page (as you suggest) called "story2". But then as you can see, there is NO WHITE ACTIVE BUTTON in the menu when page "story2" is loaded. All the menu buttons are GREY!!!. Because he wants to show the menu button of the page "story2", which is hidden.

argos

Post by argos »

I have exactly the same problem/question. Anyone have a solution??
Regards,
Jurgen Nijhuis
http://www.argosmedia.nl
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

what version of phpwcms are you using?
have been playing with conf.template_default.inc.php?
in anycase just check that within conf.template_default.inc.php
the paths are set as desired..

Code: Select all

$template_default["nav_table_struct"]["linkimage_norm"]			= "img/frontend/menu/******";
$template_default["nav_table_struct"]["linkimage_over"]			= "img/frontend/menu/******";
$template_default["nav_table_struct"]["linkimage_active"]		= "img/frontend/menu/******";
Moozie

Post by Moozie »

pSouper: paths are correct because I do see the white "active-button", but the problem is that when I click a link with a TEXT LINK to a hidden page (a page with NO BUTTON IN THE MENU) then he leads me to the correct hidden page, but the WHITE-MENU-button disappears and a grey one takes his place. So leaving the menu with NO ACTIVE BUTTON at all!!

It was better that if you are lead to a hidden page, the WHITE-ACTIVE-BUTTON of the page that contained that text-link to the hidden page was still active.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

i don't understand you here...
are you saying when you call a HIDDEN page there is no refference to it in your menu? there shouldn't be.. it's hidden. I guess the reason for this is that the hidden page can be in stored within any stuctre at aby level and this could start to get messy.

I did say i don't understand you problems :)
Moozie

Post by Moozie »

Yes right. But I want a page with a correct white-menu button and I want to create a text-link in that page goto another page (I don't care if it's hidden or not) but I would like to be it as if it's part 2 of that first page. Like a "read more" or so.

I thought this could be done. On phpwcms.de I see this page:
http://www.phpwcms.de/index.php?id=1,0,0,1,0,0

But this is maybe done with the summary option?
argos

Post by argos »

pSouper wrote:what version of phpwcms are you using?
have been playing with conf.template_default.inc.php?
in anycase just check that within conf.template_default.inc.php
the paths are set as desired..

Code: Select all

$template_default["nav_table_struct"]["linkimage_norm"]			= "img/frontend/menu/******";
$template_default["nav_table_struct"]["linkimage_over"]			= "img/frontend/menu/******";
$template_default["nav_table_struct"]["linkimage_active"]		= "img/frontend/menu/******";
I use the previous release. To be honest, I don't see what the conf.template_default.inc.php has to do with it. The menu works allright, but just not when linked to a "next" article.
Regards,
Jurgen Nijhuis
http://www.argosmedia.nl