Content Tag Addon problemo

If you've problems with unsupported - non official ;-) - functionalities use this forum please.
snobba

Content Tag Addon problemo

Post by snobba »

Hi Guys and :wink: girls,

I finally installed the new phpWCMS patch..Works fin...But then I wanted to install the 'Content Tag Addon' from Spirou I got a small problem. Work fine for me on the old phpWCMS..

Situation:
I am writing an article and check lets say radiobutton nr.3. Click submit..404 error because it doesn't patch the 'root' into the address..404 accours here: http://localhost/include/inc_tmpl/phpwcms.php?....and so on...but it should be here: http://localhost/myroot/include/inc_tmpl/phpwcms.php?...

The root path is correct in the config file..

Anyone? I tried to search the forum but I'm always having problems searching phpBB forums..

Thanks,

Greetings from Martin in a sunny Sweden, waiting for the boat to be in the water so I can go FISHING!!!!
Jérôme

Post by Jérôme »

Most likely the content addon by Spirou is not compatible with the newest patch...
snobba

Post by snobba »

Yeah, probably...I can't save any of my articles anymore...I just have to uninstall it and use include instead..

thanks,

greetz - martin
snobba

Post by snobba »

Damn :twisted: , I just can't let it go...I tried to work around it with phpinclude but I would really prefer the best solution...

Did anyone test Spirou's script on the new release? And if so - did it work for you?

And does anyone know if this script will be included in the coming release from our hero Oliver?

Greetings from

Martin / Sweden
Jérôme

Post by Jérôme »

If nothing happens in the next days, I will have a look at the MOD and adapt it to the new version.
snobba

Post by snobba »

Hi Jérôme (correct spelled :wink: )

Sounds great..But ofcourse we are hoping for an upgrade of phpWCMS. I'm sooooo much looking forward to this. It is so hard finding an temorary solution for a problem when I know that I have to redo everything when it is fixed..

By the way - do you have 48 hours per day where you live? It kind of seems that way with your rapid updates with your baby 'company db'!! Just the pictures missing to make it complete I think..

Greetings from Martin
Jérôme

Post by Jérôme »

I just had a look at the code, and I am sorry to say it so openly, but this hack is so dirty that I almost don't dare looking at it.

I hate hacks that are badly documented and/or require to replace entire files.

It is really difficult to find the changes spirou made and what I saw doesn't look good, to be honest. You will have to make many changes to the core code of phpwcms, which means that, with every new release of phpwcms, you will have to redo the many changes.

Anyway, I will try to make it as clean as possible and post it here in the forums.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

I couldn't get this mod to work at all but think the funcionality would be so good so any progress you make would be most welcome.
Jérôme

Post by Jérôme »

Until now, I don't even know what you can actually do when you have this MOD ;). I didn't get it to work, too, even not on an old installation of phpwcms that I have done to test it.

I think I can give you news within the next hour.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

;) I have more patience than frold so I'll be of to bed now, but in the morning I'll be up early reading your thoughts.
Jan212

Post by Jan212 »

who of you has this mod installed and running?
Regards/ Grüsse/ Groetjes - JAN212
------------------------------------------------
null212 - Büro für Kommunikation und Design
Lyrikfetzen des Tages
1. Ist der Quelltext auch valide fragt Herr Müller ganz perfide.
2. Wat is dat een lekker ding.
3. Wer Vision hat soll zum Arzt gehen.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

not me: do you Jan?
Jan212

Post by Jan212 »

no, i think it's a little bit to dirty (thi should be no disrespecting from the work of spirou) - update need...
i am flexible enough in my layout for my case
i want to check if this is an addon which is needed
Regards/ Grüsse/ Groetjes - JAN212
null212 - Büro für Kommunikation und Design
Lyrikfetzen des Tages
1. Ist der Quelltext auch valide fragt Herr Müller ganz perfide.
2. Wat is dat een lekker ding.
3. Wer Vision hat soll zum Arzt gehen.
snobba

Post by snobba »

I had it up and running on my old release and I found it pretty darn useful thought. It much easier to get an overview of it all, especially for clients when I changed the 1-2-3-4-5 radiobuttons into NEWS, WELCOME and so on..

How do you guys do when you for example wants to place a WCMS-article in the left block? Tried include with a 'blank' template myself but somehow it didn't seem to work within WCMS...Without using a external .php.

Take care!

Martin / Sweden
Jérôme

Post by Jérôme »

Folks, I am really sorry, but I will not continue to try to port this hack to the newest release of phpwcms. In my eyes it did his work in the old phpwcms, but that's all.

I ported everything that was "explained" by Spirou and this still works. Nonetheless are updates of the values of the radiobuttons not written into the database.

I can post what I have done until now, and somebody of you can try to continue - I am not willing to do it furthermore, I am sorry. I even don't know why it is such great and required Hack...

I think, I should go to bed, too ;).