Me == discouraged

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

Right OG!
Until now I did not participate to the annoying update-discussions in this forum. I have only read the several attacks on OG.

And I saw with astonishment some members say Goodbye with big announcements only to reappear again a few weeks/months later.

OG is right, not to let go the control of development. Only when it remains in his hands phpwcms remains the other/better cms it is right now. This includes the control over the schedule for updates. we must accept that - or look for an alternative.
I think the intentions to split with the today-version of phpwcms and some of the mods/hacks are mistaken.

It's strange when some people feel offended when not all the mods and hacks are included in the script by OG instantly.
Mods and Hacks are great things and in individual cases useful, but they are just supplements to the original version and they must follow the original not vice versa

If OG calls 'terrible' some mods then he certainly has his reasons
and in my case he might be right concerning the code.
but ExData was not written to see it integrated in phpwcms some day but as a module to add it on demand, only then.

I hope, OG resists to the attrition by all the cavilers here!

-----------------------

Richtig OG!

Ich habe mich bisher grösstenteils aus der leidigen Termin-Update-Diskussion
rausgehalten. Habe bloss mit immer grösserem Befremden die Angriffe auf OG gelesen. Und habe mit Erstaunen den einen oder anderen sich mit grossem Tamtam verabschieden sehen nur um dann nach ein paar Wochen/Monaten wieder aufzutauchen.

OG hat Recht wenn er die Zügel nicht aus der Hand gibt. Nur wenn die Weiterentwicklung bei ihm bleibt wird phpwcms auch in zukünftigen Versionen das andere/bessere CMS bleiben. Dass es dabei nach seinem Fahrplan geht müssen wir alle akzeptieren - oder eben zu einem anderen CMS wechseln.

Die Versuche, das heutige phpwcms mit diversen Hacks und Mods separat
weiterzuführen finde ich verfehlt.

Dass sich Leute beleidigt fühlen, wenn OG all die Mods und Erweiterungen nicht durchwegs lobt und sie sofort in sein Script integriert kann ich nicht
verstehen. Die Mods sind eine tolle Sache für Einzelfälle und eigentlich ist es schon viel, dass Mod's überhaupt möglich sind. Aber es sind nur
Ergänzungen, Anhängsel die sich nach der Originalversion zu richten haben (und nicht umgekehrt!)

Wenn OG einige Mods 'terrible' nennt, dann hat er seine Gründe und wohl nicht ganz unrecht was den Code von meinem Mod betrifft! Aber ich habe ExData nie entwickelt um es irgendwann als integrierten Teil von phpwcms zu sehen, sondern als Modul dazu, das bei Bedarf, und eben nur dann, dazu installiert werden kann.

Gleiches gilt für die anderen Hacks und Mods - ich bin unter Umständen froh, dass es sie gibt und installiere sie bei Bedarf dazu. Und wenn ich unbedingt ein Feature brauche dass weder im CMS noch als Mod erhältlich ist, dann schaue ich mich eben nach etwas Geeigneterem um, so einfach ist das.

Ich hoffe, OG lässt sich von den Nörgeleien um einzelne Erweiterungen nicht zermürben!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
because it's important!
breitsch
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Danke :) - mir liegt wirklich ferne jemandem vor den Kopf zu stoßen.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

breitsch wrote:Right OG!
Until now I did not participate to the annoying update-discussions in this forum. I have only read the several attacks on OG.
And I saw with astonishment some members say Goodbye with big announcements only to reappear again a few weeks/months later.
Hi breitsch,
I (if I remember correctly) never said goodbye. I did not 'attack' OG, just wrote what I felt. I would never 'attack' anyone, specially not OG after all he has done. I don't feel discouraged because Mods are not included, I felt discouraged because with many features phpwcms is getting behind competitors, that's all. Now, I understand you position as well, backin up Oliver, I would do the same (as I did on many occasions) if phpwcms wasn't the CMS I manage the best and use for working on a daily basis.
Anyway, thx for the comment.
As always, best of lucks to phpwcms!
Cheers