module adding attempts

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
update

module adding attempts

Post by update »

Hi
I'm still wondering how to ease the installation of modules and have been playing around a little bit with the affected files (where you have to change code and patch the sources)

I did my jump into the cold water and here it is

Code: Select all

/********************************************************************************************************
      	case "modules":	//Modules
      	switch ($p) {
      		case 2:	 // Graphical Text MOD
      		if($phpwcms["gt_mod"]) { //enabled/disable GT MOD
				// include language vars for Jérôme's Graphical Text MOD
      			include_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/main.inc.php');
      		}
      		break;
      		default: echo 'Thanks to J&eacute;r&ocirc;me for his <a href="phpwcms.php?do=modules&p=2">Graphical Text MOD</a>.';
      		echo '<br>&nbsp;<br>Other modules might follow. GT MOD will be moved to admin section.';
      	}
      	break;
*********************************************************************************************************/
      	case "modules":

require_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/inc_main/mod.case.inc.php');
      	break;

/*this above is the changed one*/
the new file mod.case.inc.php looks like

<?php
      	switch ($p) {
      		case 2:	 // Graphical Text MOD
      			include_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/main.inc.php');
      		}
      		break;

case 3: // Caledar Mod
			if ($phpwcms["calendar_mod"]) { //enabled/disable calendar mod
				include_once("./include/inc_module/mod_calendar/main.inc.php");
			}
			break;

default: echo 'Thanks to J&eacute;r&ocirc;me for his <a href="phpwcms.php?do=modules&p=2">Graphical Text MOD</a>.';
      		echo '<br>&nbsp;<br>Other modules might follow. GT MOD will be moved to admin section.';
      	}

?>
Then I tried

/*****************************************************

case "modules":		//modules
						$wcsnav["modules"] = "<strong class=\"navtexta\">".$wcsnav["modules"]."</strong>";
							include_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_lang/backend/en/lang.inc.php');
							if(!empty($_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"]) && file_exists(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_lang/backend/'.$_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"].'/lang.inc.php')) {
								include_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_lang/backend/'.$_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"].'/lang.inc.php');
							}
							$subnav .= subnavtext($BL['be_subnav_graphicaltext_mod'], "phpwcms.php?do=modules&p=2", $p, "2", 0);
						}
						break;
******************************************************/
						$wcsnav["modules"] = "<strong class=\"navtexta\">".$wcsnav["modules"]."</strong>";
						require_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/inc_main/mod.nav.inc.php');
						break;
/*this above is the changed one*/
The new file mod.nav.inc.php looks like

<?php
							include_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_lang/backend/en/lang.inc.php');
							if(!empty($_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"]) && file_exists(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_lang/backend/'.$_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"].'/lang.inc.php')) {
								include_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_lang/backend/'.$_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"].'/lang.inc.php');
							}
							$subnav .= subnavtext($BL['be_subnav_graphicaltext_mod'], "phpwcms.php?do=modules&p=2", $p, "2", 0);
						}

if ($phpwcms["calendar_mod"]) { // enabled/disable Calendar Module
							include_once ('./include/inc_module/mod_calendar/inc_lang/backend/en/lang.inc.php');
							if(file_exists('./include/inc_module/mod_calendar/inc_lang/backend/'.$_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"].'/lang.inc.php')) {
								include_once ('./include/inc_module/mod_calendar/inc_lang/backend/'.$_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"].'/lang.inc.php');
							}
							$subnav .= subnavtext("Calendar Module", "phpwcms.php?do=modules&p=3", $p, "3", 0);
						}

?>
Ok one left: the content.front.func.inc.php

// -------------------------------------------------------------
/***********************************
// Jérôme's Graphical Text MOD
// Coypright (C) 2004 by 
	require_once ('include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_front/gt.func.inc.php');
}
************************************/
	require_once ('include/inc_module/inc_main/mod.rt.inc.php');

// -------------------------------------------------------------
The new file mod.rt.inc.php looks like

<?php
//This goes into content.front.func.inc.php

// Jérôme's Graphical Text MOD
// Coypright (C) 2004 by 
	require_once ('include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_front/gt.func.inc.php');
}
// Ionrock's Calendar MOD by Verve...
// Coypright (C) 2004
if($phpwcms["calendar_mod"]) { //enabled/disable Ionrock's Calendar MOD
require_once ('./include/inc_module/mod_calendar/inc_front/func.inc.php');
}

?>
And guess what: graphical text is still working and the calendar mod runs like nothing!

So I now have three new files to mess around with and if nothing is changing within the structure of phpwcms.php and content.front.func.inc.php I only have to insert "three" lines of code when a new version pops up:

require_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/inc_main/mod.nav.inc.php');
						break;

AND

case "modules":

require_once(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_module/inc_main/mod.case.inc.php');
      	break;

AND

require_once ('include/inc_module/inc_main/mod.rt.inc.php');
into the appropriate places :lol:

Wow! If no cache is fooling me or some brainy mistake this could be handled very easy.

As I've seen exdata seems to have an option wich requires additional fixing, but this probably could be done apropriately...
Something forgotten? Don't think so.
Greetings
claus[/b]