Bug in Step 2 / Database Insert-Command

Use GitHub to post bug reports and error descriptions for phpwcms. Describe your problem detailed!
zebra

Bug in Step 2 / Database Insert-Command

Post by zebra »

Hi!

Got some troubles during the installation of phpwcms_1.2.6 (zip file dated on 20060427). WIN XP, Apache2, MySQL 5.0, IE.

After intensively studying the php-files, I noticed, that there was a bug either in the phpwcms_init.sql or in the setup.php - depens on how you see it ;)

The problem is as follows:

* phpwcms_init.sql
The columns usr_var_structure, usr_var_publicfile, usr_var_privatefile and usr_vars in

Code: Select all

Tabellenstruktur für Tabelle `phpwcms_user`
are set to be "NOT NULL".

* setup.php
The INSERT-command in step2 does not include values for the columns listed above.

Therefore the database returns an error, when trying to execute the INSERT-command (that happens after filling out the form on step 2). The user gets the message "Check your admin user name and password!".

I'm not sure, how important the values of the mentioned columns are and how they are used, but they should either be getting a default value (in phpwcms_init.sql) or otherwise there has to be a change in the insert-command (in setup.php).

--

In the installation process, I just manually put the admin user data into the database by modifying the insert-command and everything worked fine.

Kind regards,
Eva
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

How do these auxilliary fields affect the usr_admin usr_name and usr_pass creation checking exactly?
What modification did you do "manually" to the INSERT command?
I WONDER how any other users of this script have EVER been able to create an Admin user and password in order to use this script? :lol: :wink:

See here:
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57450#57450
BLOB and TEXT columns cannot be assigned a default value.
The columns to which you refer are BLOB and mediumTEXT.
zebra

Post by zebra »

DeXXus wrote:What modification did you do "manually" to the INSERT command?
I just entered empty fields into those columns.
DeXXus wrote:I WONDER how any other users of this script have EVER been able to create an Admin user and password in order to use this script? :lol: :wink:
Well, now you know what I've been wondering about all day ;)

Fact is, that it only worked, after "manually" entering the admin data into the database. So I can't think of another reason, why there was a permanent error ("Check your admin user name and password!"). The access on the files was set on 777, so this possible fault can also be excluded.[/i]
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

think that most Users (me too) don't run mySQL in 'strict' Mode - and
then it fills the Column with Datatyp Default.
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

zebra wrote:Fact is, that it only worked, after "manually" entering the admin data into the database. So I can't think of another reason, why there was a permanent error ("Check your admin user name and password!"). The access on the files was set on 777, so this possible fault can also be excluded.[/i]
I guess the confusion would be that you thought MySQL was choking on the SQL that phpWCMS was feeding it and put up a message. BUT... that message is just a "phpWCMS-generated" message and "simply" means "I could not open a connection to the database with the username and password that you gave me (in order to execute the SQL query that I've built). :wink: You then logged into the database manually (with the "now-correct" user/pass and proceeded to create the admin user "manually", I guess.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

proceeded to create the admin user "manually
http://faq.phpwcms-docu.de/3_16_en.html

regards Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )