Cannot get any content or articles to show!!!

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Oldfox

Cannot get any content or articles to show!!!

Post by Oldfox »

Guys, please help!
I'm reasonably new to this CMS... I thought I was getting the hang of it until I tried to publish first article. Nothing.

After a couple of days I realised that the timezone is very different at my webhost, so I made sure that the publish start date and time was the same as the host.

Still nothing.

I have setup page layouts, templates and site structure up to be visible and public.

I have checked and double checked the replacement tags. The all seem to work except the {CONTENT} tag (which is in the 'main' area).

I've run out of ideas... and my client is running out of patients :oops:

BTW, I am using version 1.2.6

Thanks in advance.
pepe

Post by pepe »

Please... give us a URL and tell us : what is NOTHING???
Oldfox

Post by Oldfox »

Hi pepe, thanks for responding!

The url is http://www.graysauto.com.au.

I have created an article for 'About Us' with 3 bits of content. I have made sure that the start times are correct, but clicking on the About Us link on the side nav bar does not display the content in the main area (I have a timestamp in there too at the moment.
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hi

try to change:
charset=UTF-8"

to :
charset=iso-8859-1

OR:

I'm not informed in this issue, but try to search the forum, as I know from problems with utf-8 and mysql ?! :?:

Maybe it helps to switch charset in mysql. .... **I guess**

If there is a problem with server try to set article start date to 1970.01.01, silly idea, but needs to be checked :shock: :D

greetings

Jürgen
Oldfox

Post by Oldfox »

Thanks for your suggestion jurgen.

I have now changed from UTF-8 to iso-8859-1 in config/config.inc.php

Anything else I have to do/edit?

... however I've just checked the DB and the language and encoding is UTF-8. I'm thinking that changing phpwcms to iso-8859-1 might just create more problems? :?
Oldfox

Post by Oldfox »

Damn, it looks like my webhost has neither imagemagick OR GD1 or 2.

Looks like I'm stuffed! :x

Is it possible to ftp ImageMagick binaries to cgi-bin, chmod them and then reference them in config.inc.php?

Would that work?
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hello
Oldfox wrote:Damn, it looks like my webhost has neither imagemagick OR GD1 or 2.

Looks like I'm stuffed! :x

Is it possible to ftp ImageMagick binaries to cgi-bin, chmod them and then reference them in config.inc.php?

Would that work?
As far as I know this won't work. It is obvious to have SSH Entry to server to get a rpm installed, with root priv. is needed as well.

Why not changing hosting-company ? Domain may rest there if this is your reason for not doing this some days ago... :wink:

Juergen
Oldfox

Post by Oldfox »

I quizzed my host about ImageMagick and they say it is installed.

The path to the binary is /usr/bin/convert .

I have added this to the config. I can now see the thumbnails of images in the "Files" area, but still now content. :cry:
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

After you create a template and NAME it and place the {CONTENT} tag INTO it --> you must then:
checkmark the checkbox named "default"
-AND/OR-
choose that template NAME from Admin-->Site Structure-->Edit-->Template: (dropdown)
-AND-
create some categories/articles (the "content")
-AND-
Create NAV to those categories/articles (that will then be targeted at the {CONTENT} tag)
To understand...
maybe you could follow the basic example in the link of my signature named "=> Basic Steps of Site Development using phpWCMS <="
rollofritz

Post by rollofritz »

Hi Oldfox!

if you want you can post me your backend login (just post this at PM)
and i will have a look at your settings/template in the backend.

it´s looking like DeXXus told you as a problem with templates/contents.

regards

markus
Timo S.

Post by Timo S. »

Hello there!

I Encountered same Problem 2 Days ago for the first time. I already build serveral sites with phpwcms, so I'm well used to it. But this one is a Strange problem and in my Opinion caused by the provider. A clean install with basic page layout and template results in lack of displaying/rendering the {CONTENT} tag. No mods installed, phpwcms version 1.2.5, everthing fine, backend worls, other replacement tags works fine too. I informed the new Provider about my problem and waited for a day. meanwhile some contents appeared for no known reason. if i create new ones, nothing to see, some hours later they appear... istill wait for the response of the new provider, maybe i can post a solution soon!

thx and bye, Timo.
MFG, Timo.
tim0fee

Same problem and searching for some help!

Post by tim0fee »

Hi there all!

I'm new to phpwcms but not to other cms setups. This looks an amazingly powerful and beautifully designed script but I am having almost identical problems to Oldfox. :-( Can anyone help me please ?
(NB I have read nearly all the docs that I can find: the phpwcms site, the docu-wiki, others' tutorials, but have still drawn a blank). Here's my problem:

I set up my site structure, page layouts and templates but when I come to add an 'article' the 'article' itself is visible in the structure tree, but when I click 'edit' the browser returns a blank interface. This happens however many articles I had and wherever I place them in the tree structure.

I notice that Oldfox's live site seem now to have content in it which suggest he found the solution. If he or anyone else could post the solution I'd be very grateful.

tim0fee
London

Clean install 1.2.6 phpwcms
on local server
MySQL 4.0.21
PHP 5.0.3
Apache 1.3.33
Safari and Firefox
MacOSX 10.3.9
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

What browser and what WYSIWYG editor?
tim0fee

Post by tim0fee »

Hi DeXXus,

and thanks for replying. My browsers are Safari and Firefox on MacOSX. Is the WYSIWYG editor not built into phpwcms ? I'm confused now...

:?

tim0fee
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi,

at your backend:
ADMIN -> PROFILE -> WYSIWYG editor

regards Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )