IE vs Firefox

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
culda_a

IE vs Firefox

Post by culda_a »

Hi, to all I hope you are all well after easter, I have a problem with my site that i found it now... in firefox is everything ok but in IE the nav from the left side is deform, What can I do to be desplay in bouth browser the same page without problems?
pierre.meli

IE vs Firefox

Post by pierre.meli »

Evertime I had this problem it was related to uncorrect nesting respectivly opening and closing tags with <td> <tr>. Firefox seems to be less strict than IE. If you solve the problem for IE, it will most likely also work also in Firefox. Altough I use FF, I check the appearace in IE first.

Cheers
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi culda_a,

is it a dev- or table based layout?
What type of navigation?
We can´t help without accurately details.

Gruß Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
Ren.Hoek

strict

Post by Ren.Hoek »

Hi,

I don't really want to start that "which-is-the-better-browser"-war again. But my experience is that it ist the IE that is less strict with malformed HTML code as well as it still has several bugs while interpreting css-rules. (And I gave up about "pixel-exact" layout in both browsers. I'm yet happy if all looks readable and somehow well. 8) )

An easy way to check for errors in the generated code is to use the WebDeveloperToolbar-extension in Firefox in conjunction with the HTMLTidy-extension. This allows for testing (validating) webpages offline (it displays any nesting error and more) as well as many many more useful tools for developing. HTMLtidy is also available as a standalone programm for some plattforms.

I agree we would need more info or a maybe link to check out your problem.

Cheers, Ren Hoek.
pepe

Post by pepe »

An easy way is, to use the {SPACER:200x0} Tag at the end of every template field (left - main - right) :idea:
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

Thnaks to all for help. Pepe like always you are right, your way is the most easy and it solved the problem.
By the way , let me know when you want a new design for template (site).
anthony.abraira

Better workaround for IE....change Doc Type

Post by anthony.abraira »

Check this thread out, it might be a better solution than the {SPACER} idea...

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10305