Filelist CP with Alias

If you've problems with unsupported - non official ;-) - functionalities use this forum please.
marcus@localhorst

Filelist CP with Alias

Post by marcus@localhorst »

Hello,
I'm looking for a solution to tweak the Filelist/download.php for using aliases.

thats the situation:
I have phpwcms running on a webaccount and not enought discspace.
i want to use my other webaccounts, to store files there, but using phpwcms to organize and provide this external files and to count the downloads.

my first try out was taking a php file named as myfile.mp3.php and wrote some redirection code. that doesnt work, because the phpfile is send to browser directly. (logo).
the i use a file myfile.mp3.html and wrote some javascript redirection code.
that works.
but it's not very easy to use.
more better would be an extendet Filelist CP to add aliases?

but how to handle this with the backend Filelist CP?

mmmh, maybe it's possible to abuse the Fileinfo box?
but if i list the files directly, then i cant count the downloads :-(

any idea, someone?
thanks marcus
Ren.Hoek

Rights

Post by Ren.Hoek »

Hello,

I have got nearly the same webspace problem and also thought about how to get phpwcms to access another server with files.

As far as I gained knowledge there are going to be serious if not unsolveable problems when trying to access external servers with the PHP-Scripts inside your phpwcms installation.
So for me I came to the conclusion that I forget about it and invest some 2 Euro/month more and upgrade my webspace.
I'm refering to the rights management on webservers that won't easily allow to access files in another domain.

Anyway, I would be glad to find myself being wrong and to hear about an solution :)

Cheers! Ren Hoek
marcus@localhorst

Post by marcus@localhorst »

8)
I've upgraded my webspace too :-) maybe sometime I#ve got a better idea...

greetings marcus