Problems getting Login-Logout Panel started

If you've problems with unsupported - non official ;-) - functionalities use this forum please.
carsei

Problems getting Login-Logout Panel started

Post by carsei »

I would like to limit access to pictures published on my website only to registered (allowed) users.

When searching for solutions here I found the "Login Contentpart" hack:
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9696 .

I implemented the hack on my 1.2.5-DEV, and whilst searching for some support and hints I found the "Login-Logout-Panel" here:
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9882

I am quite sure that I followed all instructions given by both authors markoehl as well as phalancs. But due to the fact that I am posting here you might already guess that I did not make everything correctly.

My first question:
Is it correct that after logging in (as usual via .../login.php) the page shown is not the Backend but the Frontend ../index.php ?
Only when logging in a second time I see the Backend part of my site.

Update:
:oops: "Solved"
I just learned that I changed exactly this function by implemeting the hack.

My second question:
Shouldn't I see a new content part named "Login-Logout" in the list of contents when adding a new article? I can't find it.

Update March,8:
I'll try to learn how to use this:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.p ... c&start=28

And my third question at this time:
I added a new structure part and a new article, named "logout", both "visible" but "not public" and "visible only for registered users" (or similar). I supposed I would see the item in Frontend while logged in as admin. But this isn't the case: It remains invisibe in Frontend.

Update March,8:
The "Logout" menu item becomes visible as soon as I log in as a user without admin rights and "Login Frontend only". Seems that I am on the way...

Carsten
Last edited by carsei on Wed 8. Mar 2006, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
carsei

Re: Problems getting Login-Logout Panel started

Post by carsei »

Dupe post - sorry.
phalancs

Post by phalancs »

Are your problems solved?

You might get into trouble if you install both the login löogout panel and markoehls login CP.

For your consideration: v2.0 of the panel has just been released! :)
carsei

Post by carsei »

phalancs wrote:Are your problems solved?
No, not yet.
But however: It's working at least somehow on the relevant website (in a very rudimental form). Just fine for the moment, but not the solution I would like to use on a long-term basis.
phalancs wrote:You might get into trouble if you install both the login löogout panel and markoehls login CP.
That is interesting.
I thought one depends somehow on the other...
phalancs wrote:For your consideration: v2.0 of the panel has just been released! :)
Thanks for your hint, phalancs. I'll have a look at it in the next few days.

Viele Grüße

Carsten