Listing of live sites...

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

they no work Pap :D
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

pSouper wrote:they no work Pap :D
thank you souper P now it Works! :wink:
dancer

Post by dancer »

Read this please before you change the sourcecode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have read it and yes I will disclose the source code. I can't disclose the part with specifics of course. but the rest I will give back to Oliver to use or not use. That is up to him. As far as I understand the GPL that is what the idea is right?

And yes frold, I will put a notification in the source code.

Dancer
frold

Post by frold »

dancer wrote:
Read this please before you change the sourcecode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have read it and yes I will disclose the source code. I can't disclose the part with specifics of course. but the rest I will give back to Oliver to use or not use. That is up to him. As far as I understand the GPL that is what the idea is right?

And yes frold, I will put a notification in the source code.

Dancer
Just in credit for Olivers great and stylefull work - that´s the only thing he want to let us use it.. that's called cheap :lol:
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
snobba

Re: Another Live phpwcms site

Post by snobba »

frold wrote:Hey... I like it very much but I would like if there was some credit lines for phpwcms.de : I can´t find it in your source her:

Yeah...I have noticed this too on some sites posted here - also some sites that have been getting a lot of complimants..Take a look yourself..

I think it is really SHITY when designers get this great tool for free and can even make money out of it, they at least could keep the copyright in the code, totally according to the GNU licence! That's not asking for much!

Shame on you!! (no one mentioned, no one forgotten)

Greetings / Martin
dancer

Post by dancer »

In my case it's not a malicious deed. I just forgot to put it in the front-end template. It's still in all the backend code.
I am not fully up to speed with the GPL etc, but I do understand it's a give, use and give back thing basically. Oliver has done a great job. I have seen a few CMS systems over the years and this is one of the best. I have no problem acknowledging his work.

I will supply the source code in a little while and will try and document this. I have made some nice changes which might be handy. The templating system is the best I reckon. It's much easier to have the template as a single file instead of having to cut it up into the forms in the backend. Per page I can select the template, not just per section (which never worked for me so I decided to build it this way)

My version won't have a setup feature and stuff like that, it's my version and i just had a few changes that I need which are scattered all over the place.
It's based on the feb 2004 version, but with a few changes from later version in it, and with heaps taken out. Sometimes I have also made my own functions....while the cms already provided them...because I didn't see them beforehand.

Regards,

Dancer
argos

Post by argos »

Sounds interesting!
Regards,
Jurgen Nijhuis
http://www.argosmedia.nl
vmedia

Post by vmedia »

Just put this site online last week. It's a Dutch site for a Glass factory. This was my first project with PHPWCMS and I learned a lot from it (thank you Oliver!!! You're the best... ) Now I'm working on two new sites with PHPWCMS. Let you guys know when it's finished...

The URL : http://www.dewolkglas.nl

Greetings, Jeroen
argos

Post by argos »

vmedia wrote:Just put this site online last week. It's a Dutch site for a Glass factory. This was my first project with PHPWCMS and I learned a lot from it (thank you Oliver!!! You're the best... ) Now I'm working on two new sites with PHPWCMS. Let you guys know when it's finished...

Greetings, Jeroen
Very nice Jeroen!
--------------------------------
Fraaie site, Jeroen!! Geef je de opdrachtgever admin-toegang? Ik vind het zelf te technisch voor de gemiddelde klant eigenlijk.
Zag nog een klein taalfoutje op de contactpagina: "De Wolk Isolatieglas is gevestigt". Het is gevestigd met een D. :-)
Regards,
Jurgen Nijhuis
http://www.argosmedia.nl
vmedia

Post by vmedia »

Dank u! In dit geval geef ik de opdrachtgever wel toegang tot het back-end. Maar inderdaad.. ik weet niet of dat wel zo verstandig is. Ik heb hem een kleine inleiding gegeven maar of het nou helemaal duidelijk was. Ach, ze komen toch wel weer terug bij mij met de vraag om de boel te updaten (1 keer in de zoveel jaar? hahaha). Die spelfout, bedankt, alhoewel ik me daar niet verantwoordelijk voor voel. Ik krijg de teksten aangeleverd.

Volgende week meer ...
snobba

Post by snobba »

vmedia wrote:Just put this site online last week. It's a Dutch site for a Glass factory. This was my first project with PHPWCMS and I learned a lot from it (thank you Oliver!!! You're the best... ) Now I'm working on two new sites with PHPWCMS. Let you guys know when it's finished...

Greetings, Jeroen
Prima werk J.!

Looks nice! To the point with a clear navigation(specially your Upppercase font - very clear and nice) and clear site. Only thing was the grey left area when there was no navigation present(first page)..I was waiting for a javascript to load actually :wink: Workdamaged! And maybe you should make the main area 100% in length, just to get the copyright down at the bottom at every page. Just an idee..Overal - great!

And what you say (in dutch) that the business will come back to you with update material..I like this too if it is a small site because sometimes they can really mess up a things with the design. And the client also think it is really great when they send you stuff and you update the site really fast! And ofcourse - update = money..

Grootjes van Martin
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

first is to dancer.

what you write sounds good! and also i need to say you did a great job on qatarairways. i think have seen them on the ITB in Berlin.

to jeroen

also great job!
cyppher.nl

searching that _cool_ site

Post by cyppher.nl »

"llo peepz..

First thing to be said: I *love* this community, and more do I love the CMS. I'm actually planning to become an expert on this CMS.
.enough.

2nd:
A while ago, when browsing through the threads, I found a link to a really nice designed website which had another link to an even better designed site. I forgot to add it to my favs douh... |-(
I tried searching it but without result .. d*mn.
:x
So I _need_ yer help now :P
The site I'm looking for is a promotional site for some kind of festival in Italy somewhere. I dunno the name, but I recall it something like "Sundance" (which is not the name actually).
This site is based on the phpWCMS. First thing that comes in mind is that a cool (made in Flash) 'location' page is available.

I'm desperately looking for this website, so please try to help me find it thnx.
I remember the site who linked it was also some kind of Italian, made by a artistic guy, who had a photo leftsided and the menu of 'cool sites' rightsided.
How do you do? And how do you do your wife?
Pappnase

Re: searching that _cool_ site

Post by Pappnase »

cyppher.nl wrote:"llo peepz..

First thing to be said: I *love* this community, and more do I love the CMS. I'm actually planning to become an expert on this CMS.
.enough.

2nd:
A while ago, when browsing through the threads, I found a link to a really nice designed website which had another link to an even better designed site. I forgot to add it to my favs douh... |-(
I tried searching it but without result .. d*mn.
:x
So I _need_ yer help now :P
The site I'm looking for is a promotional site for some kind of festival in Italy somewhere. I dunno the name, but I recall it something like "Sundance" (which is not the name actually).
This site is based on the phpWCMS. First thing that comes in mind is that a cool (made in Flash) 'location' page is available.

I'm desperately looking for this website, so please try to help me find it thnx.
I remember the site who linked it was also some kind of Italian, made by a artistic guy, who had a photo leftsided and the menu of 'cool sites' rightsided.
hello

this was a site from fulvio!
i have contact him via icq and send him this thread!
cyppher.nl

Re: searching that _cool_ site

Post by cyppher.nl »

Pappnase wrote: hello

this was a site from fulvio!
i have contact him via icq and send him this thread!
thanks for that P!
http://www.rototomsunsplash.com/portale/index.php?home
is the site I was looking for! :P
How do you do? And how do you do your wife?