images from wysiwyg editor

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

this looks hot ;)
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I've uploaded the new patch again. There is also a new replacement tag included: [br] = <br /> So you can make linebreaks in caption too.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
ionrock

applying patches

Post by ionrock »

Oliver (or whoever would know :),
How are patches applied? Can it be done without reinstalling phpwcms (that is how I thought you had to apply a patch)? I would love to help get the development side of things more organized if I can so there is a better way to submit patches and everything. I saw there was not much info regarding development so if there is a need here for making docs for how to contribute I want to help. I also posted a feature request that reflects this. Great job and the new editor looks like it is perfect with the image library functionality. I am blown away.
Fulvio Romanin

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

ionrock: this is not directly phpwcms related, but your band is cool
listening to the mp3's right now :)
ionrock

Thanks

Post by ionrock »

Fulvio Romanin wrote:ionrock: this is not directly phpwcms related, but your band is cool
listening to the mp3's right now :)
Hopefully we will be touring in your neck of the woods (in a few years :)
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

patches are just the changes files since the last patch so you just need to copy the new files over the old ones.

where I think you have to be carefull is if you are changing stuff too.
then you have a lot of merging to do to be able to apply patches.

for posting modifications that you have made you could post the altered code on this forum i guess. [thats what I have done] - this way if anyone wants that functionality they an ammend thier .php's and if Oliver feels that your code is clean,worthy, in the interest of us all and where he feels phpwcms needs improveing then I hope he would implement it on a mor epermanent basis within the resele builds ;)

if there is a better way to d othis I'd love to know too as this get to be a pain sometimes ;)
ionrock

Maybe CVS

Post by ionrock »

I think the best way to do this sort of thing is with something like cvs. I am no expert on it and it is kind of a pain to use but I imagine something like this would be helpful. Also installation scripts would be good so someone could just download a patch file and upload it to the system and it would update everything without making a reinstallation. This would be the same or similar process with adding a new content type (see my post about new content types) or other module. With a little direction from Oliver I would like to start working on this. It sounds like he is crazy productive and it would be good if that productivity could be enhanced and used more easily. That way phpwcms could take over the world as it should :)
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

I use tortoise cvs.
but alloow anyone to upload code/changes could get messy and very dangerous. I can see the bugs increaseing exponetially with every contributor ;)
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

So once again uploaded the new patch with spaw - there was a path problem when you have installed phpwcms in a subdir of doc root.

Oliver
cyrano

Post by cyrano »

great tool,

can we use it within phpwcms? change in conf.inc?

found on sourceforge: $phpwcms["wysiwyg_editor"] = 4)

hmm exactly behind the ".. = 3"?

can someone give me the complet line to change?
would be kind.

thanx for hints.
Gruß/ regards cyrano
--------------------------------------------------------
templates -> http://www.128.weitzelmedia.de
planepix -> http://www.planepix.de
XING -> https://www.xing.com/profile/Thomas_Weitzel3
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Change your value to 4. If it is 3 then it also would use spaw (on IE5.5+) or HTMLarea on Mozilla.

Oliver
cyrano

Post by cyrano »

thanx oliver,

i made it intuitivly right, but used slimbrowser for all, now using IE it's fine :-)

greetings
Gruß/ regards cyrano
--------------------------------------------------------
templates -> http://www.128.weitzelmedia.de
planepix -> http://www.planepix.de
XING -> https://www.xing.com/profile/Thomas_Weitzel3
ionrock

CVS

Post by ionrock »

The reason to use something like cvs is to have different branches that are available. This way you can submit a patch to an admin who can look it over to make sure it won't destroy everything and apply it or reject it to a specific branch. This would take some administration that someone(s) would have to do, but it might help. (if this is not new information and I am just saying something obvious to people I do apologize).

In any sense a system for applying patches could be useful if it were in a web interface. Not to mention it would be pretty slick as well. Just my two cents.

I am totally going to apply the new editor patch.
tyr

Post by tyr »

I just applied the patch with spaw and it works well! No more problems with uploaded transparent GIFs becoming non-transparent.

The path is a bit strange, though -- double forward slashes. For example: [MY_DOMAIN]/site/content//images//more.gif

Removing the extra slash doesn't cause any errors -- appears to work either way. Thanks!
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

OK I have setup the path value wrong - please change in file "spaw_control.config.php" line 72 to:

Code: Select all

$spaw_imglibs[0]['value'] = $phpwcms["root"].$phpwcms["content_path"].$phpwcms["cimage_path"];
Oliver