RC4 Problem After Installation

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
peteinman

Post by peteinman »

That didn't work either - there's some odd characters in that function which don't seem to be recognised with a UK character set..?

Anyway, the sql statement that is being run, and appears in as an error, I took and ran directly against the database using phpmyadmin....

Code: Select all

UPDATE pete_phpwcms_article SET article_cid=0,article_title='dd', article_keyword='dd', article_public=1, article_aktiv=1, article_begin='2004-06-05 22:52:14', article_end='2010-12-31 23:59:59', article_subtitle='dd', article_summary='s', article_redirect='', article_username='phpwcms webmaster', article_notitle=0, article_hidesummary=0, article_image='a:8:{s:8:"tmpllist";s:7:"default";s:8:"tmplfull";s:7:"default";s:4:"name";s:0:"";s:2:"id";i:0;s:5:"width";i:538;s:6:"height";s:0:"";s:7:"caption";s:0:"";s:4:"zoom";i:0;}' , article_uid=1 WHERE article_id=8;
I got an error about a missing column - article_hidesummary, so I added it, then I got a message about article_image not being found.

did some digging, and basically found I was missing some columns from the article table.

These were the statements that sorted my problems out (from phpwcms_init.sql)

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpwcms_articlecat` CHANGE `acat_redirect` `acat_redirect` TEXT NOT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `phpwcms_article` ADD `article_hidesummary` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `phpwcms_article` ADD `article_image` BLOB NOT NULL ;
Have I got something else wrong somewhere - or did I make a mistake in the upgrade?

Pete
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello pete

one small question could you told wich qay you update your RC3 step by step. cos i think you made an mistake! forget to update also the database use the wrong sql file or what ever! :cry:
Last edited by Pappnase on Mon 7. Jun 2004, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
peteinman

Post by peteinman »

I was about to say that I ran the comments in the rc4 update .sql file - but I quite obviously did not!

Things seem to be working now anyway...

have you any ideas why I'm getting this though on my list of articles page?

I've also done a date translation language file for english - is there anywhere I can put that so it's useful - it's not hard to do anyway, but just a thought.

Pete
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

sorry pete

but i write it one more time! :cry:

donload this file

http://docu.fhss.de/picture/general.inc.zip

extract it to the include/inc_lib folder
logout / login and then it's fine! if not clear the browser cache!

or you get this file extract it to the root dir and then it should also fix it!

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/phpw ... p?download
peteinman

Post by peteinman »

That looks like it all worked, thanks. :)

My first problem was the dream I had when running the database change script, but this seems to have cured by odd looking article list too.

Thanks.

Pete