splash-festival.com

post released sites here made with phpwcms
FastPhive

Post by FastPhive »

i know that you are the admin of the sunsplash site. I currently started using you multi-language plug-in and "HELL YEAH!" - it works like a charm! rally nice work!

and if the other festval jump on the bandwagon of wcms than we know where they saw it first and that it was the right decission to choose wcms.

i know that it's gonna be a bit of a hustle to deal with large sites but wcms is still the top choice for me. i tried mambo, back in 2004, but the pain in the ass was even bigger. so this is my first time i took a CMS twice.
Fulvio Romanin

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

we should discuss about an eventual festival "coupling", at least site-wise... :D

i'd have to ask you a couple stuff about rss implementations on your site - can we talk private if you don't mind? :)
send me a pm with your email / msn / skype... thx :D
Completeness is reached through subtraction, not through addition
macmukka

Post by macmukka »

How did you do your changing images on the front page?

Are they random using the random tag ({RANDOM}) or are they randomly taken from content parts? Which is something I would like to do...

ie. on a main news page, have a top image that is randomly drawn from images used in articles.

Thanks - Jim
FastPhive

Post by FastPhive »

hi jim,

it's just the {RANDOM} tag. no big deal...

J
christianmortal

Nice site

Post by christianmortal »

You did a really nice job on this one. Great style and layout. One fatal mistake though load the page with images turned of and Boom no css navigation panel. You should always realise that all navigation should have tags for when images are turned off.. Main top backround header would need a little more work. I would add a little more detail to the shapes and remove the crunchy pixilated outline

All in all though i like it very much.

Keep up the good work
The answer to a hard question is always simple when you know how!