Cannot use images in FCKEditor

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Nik2004

Cannot use images in FCKEditor

Post by Nik2004 »

I am using version 1.3.0 (upgraded from 1.1RC4).

On article edit, when I click the icon "Insert/Edit Picture" (on FCKeditor toolbar - I am using phpwcms_default) I get the popup dialog showing a root folder ("/"). No images are in there.

When I click the down arrow, nothing happens.

When I try to create a folder I get the message "Unknown error creating folder".

When I try to upload a file, no errors are shown, but the file is obviously not uploaded and, as a result, I cannot use it.

I have a folder /picture/upload/Image which is writable (777) but I don't know if this is the real image root directory. Which should it be?

So I can do nothing with images in the article. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, strangely enough, in FILE section, when in Private tab, greek folder names appear with wrong (unreadable) characters, while when in Public tab, the same greek folder names appear with correct characters. I guess some codepage setting should be wrong there. Any suggestion?
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

in new FCKeditor you have to rename the Folders Image -> image (Lowercase) - same to flash - media and file
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
Nik2004

Post by Nik2004 »

I changed to lower case but it's the same. It behaves as before. Nothing works. To make sure: what's the whole path of the directories you describe?
Nik2004

Post by Nik2004 »

Now I am using 1.3.3 (upgraded from initially 1.1RC4). When editing an article with fckeditor, I can now upload an image (by clicking the image icon, then going to Upload tab) and the uploaded image gets displayed in the article.

However, I cannot manage images on the server. I checked through FTP and found that the image I upload goes to <rootfolder>/picture/upload. But when I use fckeditor's Image Properties icon and click "Browse Server" I get the following screen, which shows nothing and all buttons do not work.

When I try to upload some file, no message appears, but the file is not uploaded. When I try to create a folder, I give the name and I get the message: "Unknown error creating folder". The "resource type" dropdown has no other entries except "Image" and the folder icon does nothing when clicked.

Note, that in the older version of phpwcms the images I uploaded (and managed without problems) using fckeditor (in article edit), were uploaded at <rootfolder>/content/images.

I guess there should be some config setting regarding fckeditor upload directory. I would like to have <rootfolder>/content/images directory be again the image upload directory for fckeditor and the "browse server" be corrected so that I can reuse the large number of accummulated images already uploaded there.

Any help will be appreciated. I can't find a solution.
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

FCK in phpwcms uses this Folder(s)
../picture/upload/image
../picture/upload/flash
../picture/upload/media
../picture/upload/file
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

And don´t use the upload button at the top.
Please go to image info -> search server.
At this place you can create new folders and you have a running upload button.

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
update

Post by update »

Perhaps you would want to check http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14661 additionally too :oops:
claus
Nik2004

Post by Nik2004 »

Thanks for your replies

flip-flop, this is exactly what I am doing - see my description. I doesn't work.

pico, as I mentioned, the image was uploaded to /picture/upload and not to /picture/upload/image, although this dir exists and has 777 rights.

I tried to use the shell and do what claus did (just in case fckeditor starts to work), but my shell (shared hosting) does not support find and wc commands.

In any case, where do these settings (where images are uploaded, etc.) are stored? Can I change them at will? As I said, I would like to use /content/images directory, because I already have a large no. of images there, and many phpwcms articles are using them. I cannot possibly change all those references, nor is it productive to start using a new image store now...

So, I am still without solution
update

Post by update »

but my shell (shared hosting) does not support find and wc commands.
If you open these (all) .js files of fckeditor and switch to hex display you will see "ef bb bf" = "" (without quotation marks, of course) at the very beginning. Just delete "ef bb bf" (lot of files :shock: ) and you will have sorted out some more irritations.

Example:

Code: Select all

ef bb bf 2f 2a 0d 0a 20 2a 20 46 43 4b 65 64 69 
74 6f 72 20 2d 20 54 68 65 20 74 65 78 74 20 65 
64 69 74 6f 72 20 66 6f 72 20 49 6e 74 65 72 6e 
65 74 20 2d 20 68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 77 77 77 2e 
66 63 6b 65 64 69 74 6f 72 2e 6e 65 74 0d 0a 20
I would like to use /content/images directory
Isn't there the possibility to edit

/home/www/user/html/include/inc_ext/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/config.php
$Config['UserFilesPath'] = $baseFolder.'/picture/upload/' ;
and

/home/www/user/html/include/inc_ext/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/upload/php/config.php
$Config['UserFilesPath'] = $baseFolder.'/picture/upload/' ;
or however your paths look like - to get there where you want to?
Just an idea...

claus
Nik2004

Post by Nik2004 »

Thanks Claus,

By manipulating the settings in the files you specify (the two config.php files) I managed to now upload to the dir I wanted. The fckeditor image browser still does not operate, but I will try to do the changes in the .js files you mention, and I'll see (I have asked my host to give me access to the shell commands you describe).
update

Post by update »

Don't forget to cd into the dir /whatever/andso-on/webroot/eventually-subfolder-for-wcms/include/inc_ext/fckeditor before doing so!! I hope OG will forgive me (the next release will be cleaned up anyway...)
claus
Nik2004

Post by Nik2004 »

I now have access to these commands (I mean those in your thread http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14661), and I have tried it.

Unfortunately, I cannot copy these special characters into the shell (I use PUTTY, and when I copy, these special chars are omitted), so I had to modify your unix commands.

So the first one becomes:

grep $'\xEF\xBB\xBF' * -ri | wc -l
I managed to do the above, although it is hard for me to use these commands. The output is 230 (files). So, there is a problem!

Now, claus, I would like your help (you seem to know what you are doing with unix) to rewrite the second command:

find . -type f -exec sed -i 's///' {} \;
...so that it does NOT contain special chararcters but rather their HEX equivalent (EF BB BF). I checked sed documentation but it's too complex for me.

Thanks in advance.
Nik2004

Post by Nik2004 »

I found the command (it was not that difficult):

find . -type f -exec sed -i 's/\xEF\xBB\xBF//' {} \;
This removed the strange characters you mentioned (as in your case). However, in my case, the problems were NOT solved. The fckeditor's Image Properties / Search Server window continues to NOT operate and I don't see any pictures there. I still cannot find out why this does not work. Why I can't browse my server?
update

Post by update »

super! :lol:
did you try to empty your cache?
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Nik2004 wrote:However, in my case, the problems were NOT solved. The fckeditor's Image Properties / Search Server window continues to NOT operate and I don't see any pictures there. I still cannot find out why this does not work. Why I can't browse my server?
It ~looks~ like the script's file browser was NOT written to be an "intelligent" general file browser (of any server), BUT rather as one that can be "targeted" at specific file types and folder locations.

Maybe you could try your luck at a "hack" ?
Some of the discussion here may allow you to experiment:

http://fckeditor.biz/viewtopic.php?p=1300#1300