RSS tags

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Stim

RSS tags

Post by Stim »

Cannot get rss shows different, only all rss for site shows. I want use rss by structure level and by alias but it doesn’t work. In docu.de there is some tags for rss as:

[ RSS all]RSS [/RSS]
Shows the complete website.

[ RSS 88]RSS-Feed[/RSS]
Shows structure level, example I have structure level: "88"

[ RSS test1]RSS-Feed[/RSS]
Shows structure level by alias. Example I have alias: "test1"

All those different tags shows like first one, as [ RSS all]RSS-Feed[/RSS] What is wrong?
)-= 1.3.0 user =-(
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

this has been changed - with coming release this will be solved - at the moment set the link manually to "feeds.php" or "feeds.php?feed=myFeed"

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Stim

Post by Stim »

Aha, OK. I believe that was something wrong with my upgrading from 126 to 128. On 126 it worked nice so i didn’t know what it was. Anyway, I try your solutions, with links solutions.
)-= 1.3.0 user =-(
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Check the new INI config for feeds in config/phpwcms

Oliver
Stim

Post by Stim »

What happens with that "hide 1st item", that was in 126? Can’t see it on 128. Is it also changed? That funktions was nice and i need something like that to hide first item when shows rss from other site. Dont know if that was for it, but they all moste have some "nasty" advertising at the begining of "rss list" that would bee nice to cud hide somehow.
)-= 1.3.0 user =-(
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

That function is obsolete - was included to fix possible problems with delivered feeds not to cut ads.

Oliver
Stim

Post by Stim »

OK. Hope it will comes something to hide this "nasty advertising" in future. :lol: Should be very nice. I’m use rss from other site and it very useful for user, but all that "nasty stuffs" sometime displays are more then favour when already link to there site by rss. Anyway it’s useful for visitor when display rss link from other site. Hope they don’t see it ass rss to mush, and will bee better instead if user see it something like site owner dally updates
)-= 1.3.0 user =-(
JensZ

Post by JensZ »

I just started looking at this today but I have some questions (mainly to Oliver):

1. There seems to be one feeds.ini file (I'm using 1.2.7). What if you want to have several feeds on your site with different main title and descriptions?

2. The feeds script doesn't seem to support description for articles with the alias ID set, i.e. articles that point to another article at a different structure level.

3. Are there plans for a feed creator content type?

4. I think there should be a check box on article creation where you can allow/disallow article to be included in RSS feeds or even choose which feed it should be in. What do you think?

Cheers,

Jens
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Different feeds are defined in feeds.ini.php. The "coding" style is the same as in any (win).ini file. The "default" feeds INI is named [default] - open feeds.ini.php and you will see. If you want to have another feed defined add new section containing same base settings ike [news]...

At the moment the setting to exclude an article from freeds is "no search".

Your point 2. - hm I have to check.

Oliver