After Update some probs with Layout

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Hero

After Update some probs with Layout

Post by Hero »

Hi Guys!

Finially I made my self up and updated my page. but now I got some wierd Problems:

1. The Navigation doesn't work with IE (little arrows leftside aren't shown).
In Firefox it still works like a charm.
http://www.gruleiru.de/goesonline/index.php

2. The dynamic size Iframe doesn't work in Firefox anymore.
In IE it does...
http://www.gruleiru.de/goesonline/index.php?bilder

Can anyone give me a hint please :roll:

thanks a lot! :P
juergen

Post by juergen »

<a name="jump6"></a><iframe onLoad="iFrameHeight();"
src="http://www.gruleiru.de/cpg/index.php"
scrolling="no" scroll="auto"
id="iframename" name="iframename"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"
style="width:100%;" height="750">

Lets say It works in FF as should ;)

Jürgen
Hero

Post by Hero »

yes, but the IFrame is much heighter than that,
I put that 750px in there because it takes a couple seconds with isdn to load the whole frame. so the user sees at least the 750px.
Hero

Post by Hero »

no ideas?
DeXXus

Re: After Update some probs with Layout

Post by DeXXus »

Hero wrote:1. The Navigation doesn't work with IE (little arrows leftside aren't shown).
Works FINE for me in Internet Explorer 6. Navigation takes me to where it should AND the arrow changes from pointing south to pointing east. Is that what you don't see?
Hero wrote:2. The dynamic size Iframe doesn't work in Firefox anymore.
In IE it does...
http://www.gruleiru.de/goesonline/index.php?bilder
DF6IH wrote:<a name="jump6"></a><iframe onLoad="iFrameHeight();"
src="http://www.gruleiru.de/cpg/index.php"
scrolling="no" scroll="auto"
id="iframename" name="iframename"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"
style="width:100%;" height="750">
Changing the height from "750" to "907" brings the frame back to life in Firefox. That would be a start! :roll:
Don't know why your javascript routine isn't working but the "symptom" seems to be that the part below is NOT triggered for Firefox (like it should be):

Code: Select all

if(document.getElementById && !(document.all)) {
h = document.getElementById('iframename').contentDocument.body.scrollHeight;
document.getElementById('iframename').style.height = h;
}
I believe it is using the below logic INSTEAD (just a guess):

else if(document.all) {
h = document.frames('iframename').document.body.scrollHeight;
document.all.iframename.style.height = h;
}
UPDATE: I failed to look closely. Your iFrameHeight function needed a small change. SEE BELOW
Last edited by DeXXus on Fri 27. Oct 2006, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
juergen

Post by juergen »

hmmm,

the javascript generated iframe is a DYNAMIC one, it defines its properties by itself !!

The SCROLL option (which would be needed for less height) is OFF :?

So if this site would be mine, I would throw out the height tag completely an let javascript do its job...

ISDN Users well know about waiting for a Site. ... imagine all these youtube stuff inclusions comming up on nearly every second Site... WITH AUTOSTART.. :shock:

So you do historical work with the frame limit

Jürgen
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Sorry I failed to look closer at your javascript function. You need to change one line:

FROM

TO

document.getElementById('iframename').style.height = h+'px';
Hero

Post by Hero »

DeXXus wrote:Sorry I failed to look closer at your javascript function. You need to change one line:

FROM

TO

document.getElementById('iframename').style.height = h+'px';
Thank you! You made my day! :D
That was the point!
I'm just wondering, why it worked all the time before the update..?

Hero wrote:
1. The Navigation doesn't work with IE (little arrows leftside aren't shown).
Works FINE for me in Internet Explorer 6. Navigation takes me to where it should AND the arrow changes from pointing south to pointing east. Is that what you don't see?
Funny thing, when I load the index page the first time I see the arrows for a couple ms. But then they hide away
http://www.gruleiru.de/navibroken.jpg

thank you guys!
Andreas
pepe

Post by pepe »

:idea: Dont know if it can be a solution... but works
$phpwcms['mode_XHTML'] = 0; // Doctype: 1 = XHTML 1.0 Transitional, 0 = HTML 4.01 Transitional
$phpwcms['header_XML'] = 0; // Content Type: 1 = application/xhtml+xml, 0 = text/html
:idea:
Hero

Post by Hero »

pepe wrote::idea: Dont know if it can be a solution... but works
$phpwcms['mode_XHTML'] = 0; // Doctype: 1 = XHTML 1.0 Transitional, 0 = HTML 4.01 Transitional
$phpwcms['header_XML'] = 0; // Content Type: 1 = application/xhtml+xml, 0 = text/html
:idea:
Yeppa, thanks for that hint. If found out, that

$phpwcms['IE_htc_png']        = 0; // enables HTC pngbehavior for IE < 7 - has no effect in other browsers
has to be set =0.
Now I got the arrows again, but it looks like this:

Perhaps anybody got an idea?
My config.inc

// content values
$phpwcms['file_maxsize']      = 52428800; //Bytes (50 x 1024 x 1024)
$phpwcms['content_width']     = 538;      //max width of the article content column - important for rendering multi column images
$phpwcms['img_list_width']    = 100;      //max with of the list thumbnail image
$phpwcms['img_list_height']   = 75;       //max height of the list thumbnail image
$phpwcms['img_prev_width']    = 538;      //max width of the large preview image
$phpwcms['img_prev_height']   = 538;      //max height of the large preview image
$phpwcms['max_time']          = 1800;     //nach wieviel Sekunden soll automatischer logout erfolgen? 1800 Sekunden=30Minuten

// other stuff
$phpwcms['compress_page']     = 3;        //wenn 1 = Seite komprimieren, 0 = Kompresion aus
$phpwcms['imagick']           = 0;        //if 0 = GD, 1 = ImageMagick convert, 2 = ImageMagick 4.2.9
$phpwcms['imagick_path']      = '';       //Path to ImageMagick
$phpwcms['use_gd2']           = 1;        //if 0 = GD1, 1 = GD2
$phpwcms['rewrite_url']       = 0;        //whether URL should be rewritable
$phpwcms['wysiwyg_editor']    = 2;        //0 = no wysiwyg editor, 2 = FCKeditor, 4 = spaw
$phpwcms['phpmyadmin']        = 1;        //enable/disable phpmyadmin in Admin section
$phpwcms['default_lang']      = 'en';     //default language
$phpwcms['charset']           = 'iso-8859-1';       //default charset 'iso-8859-1'
$phpwcms['allow_remote_URL']  = 1;        //0 = no remote URL in {PHP:...} replacement tag allowed, 1 = allowed
$phpwcms['gt_mod']            = 1;        //0 = Graphical Text MOD disabled, 1 = enabled
$phpwcms['jpg_quality']       = 75;		  //JPG Quality Range 25-100
$phpwcms['sharpen_level']     = 1;        //Sharpen Level - only ImageMagick: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 -- 0 = no, 5 = extra sharp
$phpwcms['allow_ext_init']    = 1;        //allow including of custom external scripts at frontend initialization
$phpwcms['allow_ext_render']  = 1;        //allow including of custom external scripts at frontend rendering
$phpwcms['cache_enabled']     = 0;        //cache On/Off - 1 = caching On / 0 = caching Off (default)
$phpwcms['cache_timeout']     = 14400;    //default cache timeout setting in seconds - 0 = caching Off
$phpwcms['imgext_disabled']   = ''; //comma seperated list of imagetypes which should not be handled 'pdf,ps'
$phpwcms['multimedia_ext']    = 'aif,aiff,mov,movie,mp3,mpeg,mpeg4,mpeg2,wav,swf,swc,ram,ra,wma,wmv,avi,au,midi,moov,rm,rpm,mid,midi'; //comma seperated list of file extensiosn allowed for multimedia
$phpwcms['recipient_count']   = 0;
$phpwcms['inline_download']   = 1; //try to open download document in browser window
$phpwcms['form_tracking']     = 1; //make a db entry for each form
$phpwcms['formmailer_set']    = array('allow_send_copy' => 0, 'global_recipient_email' => 'form@localhost'); //for better security handling
$phpwcms['allow_cntPHP_rt']   = 1; //allow PHP replacement tags and includes in content parts
$phpwcms['GETparameterName']  = 'id'; //must have a minimum of 2 chars
$phpwcms['BOTS']			  = array('googlebot', 'msnbot', 'ia_archiver', 'altavista', 'slurp', 'yahoo', 'jeeves', 'teoma', 'lycos', 'crawler');
$phpwcms['mode_XHTML']        = 0; // Doctype: 1 = XHTML 1.0 Transitional, 0 = HTML 4.01 Transitional
$phpwcms['header_XML']        = 0; // Content Type: 1 = application/xhtml+xml, 0 = text/html
$phpwcms['IE_htc_hover']      = 0; // enables HTC Hover for IE < 7 - has no effect in other browsers
$phpwcms['IE_htc_png']        = 0; // enables HTC pngbehavior for IE < 7 - has no effect in other browsers

// dynamic ssl encryption engine
$phpwcms['site_ssl_mode'] 	  = '0'; // tuns the SSL Support of WCMS on(1) or off (0) DEFAULT '0'
$phpwcms['site_ssl_url'] 	  = ''; //URL assigned to the SSL Certificate. DON'T add a slash at the End! Exp. 'https://www.yourdomainhere.tld'
$phpwcms['site_ssl_port'] 	  = '443'; //The Port on which you SSL Service serve the secure Sites. Servers DEFAULT is '443'

// smtp values
$phpwcms['SMTP_FROM_EMAIL']   = 'info@localhost';
$phpwcms['SMTP_FROM_NAME']    = 'My Name';
$phpwcms['SMTP_HOST']         = 'localhost';
$phpwcms['SMTP_PORT']         = 25;
$phpwcms['SMTP_MAILER']       = 'mail';
$phpwcms['SMTP_AUTH']         = 0;
$phpwcms['SMTP_USER']         = 'user';
$phpwcms['SMTP_PASS']         = 'pass';

?>
greetings
Andreas
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi Andreas,

that error is a never ending story since 1.2.7. I don´t know a solution at this time.

Please use the new navigation NAV_LIST_UL

here is a liittle example: http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12716
And a little documentation: http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12165

Regards Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )