pSouper's Wish-Lish

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
pSouper

pSouper's Wish-Lish

Post by pSouper »

Hello Oliver [et al]

:idea: frontend user-group password WITH admin and guest
basically excatly the same as the backend but for the front end.
users only get access to the structure branches of thier usergroup as backend users do. usergroup admin have admin right simmilar to the backend admin but without any server configuration or the ability to change backend users etc.

:idea: superadmin able to view/edit anything by anyone. No arguments

:idea: When you are loged in your name is highlighted from the other users in the users logged in area.

:idea: whiche ever area of the backend you are in any users in that area too should have thier name highlighted too. mainly this is for chat so you know who you can talk live to.

:idea: the chat room automatically clears the information if:
there are no users logged in; if the content of a line is older than a set age; if admin clears it with a button. this would also seperate the overlap in uses between messages and chat a little further too.

:idea: the chat room could have a bad word filter on the text entered before posting.

i'm sure these plenty more too :D
Last edited by pSouper on Wed 14. Jan 2004, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

:idea: I think I would be usefull to include the setup pages 3,4&5 if not all of them in the ADMIN section of the phpwcms backend.
this sohuld help the Identifiying and fixing of almost ALL of the setup problems.

:idea: to fix most other problems a new field in setup &admin that compairs the necasery Database structure to the existing structure.
on a fresh install this would not be very helpfull but on subsequent Re-instalations or Upgrades/patches this may highlight errors that have been the cause of some trouble.

:idea: be able to use {REPLACEMENT_TAGS} in chat/messages to show links images and smilies etc
Last edited by pSouper on Wed 14. Jan 2004, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
pSouper

Admin Clean-up Button

Post by pSouper »

:idea: I would love a 'Clean up' button that would iterate through BOTH the database trashing no longer used entries AND iterate through the folders trashing unused files.

I have noticed that deleting stuff from the trashcan doesn't really delete it from the folders at all and so over time whith a large site in developement and a limited filespace available there could be a lot of wasted drive space that would be a nightmare to reclaim by hand.
Last edited by pSouper on Wed 14. Jan 2004, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

i think some kinds of your wishes it sounds like, things what you can find in nuke system!? am I wrong then please correct me!

greets

pappnase
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

hi pappanase, are you trying to poach me away from phpwcms? ;)

the worst thing about phpwcms is it has put my plans to learn php back by months ;) - still as an artist I just wanna have thing done for me while I draw :)
Last edited by pSouper on Wed 14. Jan 2004, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Pappnase

Re: pSouper's Wish-Lish

Post by Pappnase »

pSouper wrote:
:idea: admin>user_ section to include 'personal_data' within user_adminitration section so that the admin can view all personal dat regaurdless of it's public status and visivility.

:idea: granulated permitions - superadmin,admin, manager,staff,member,user

:idea: per page or per branch admition/restriction permitions.

:idea: superadmin able to view/edit anything posted by others [superadmin to set lowest level able to do this]

:idea: When you are loged in your name is highlighted from the other users in the users logged in area.

:idea: whiche ever area of the backend you are in any users in that area too should have thier name highlighted too. mainly this is for chat so you know who you can talk live to.

:idea: the chat room automatically clears the information if:
there are no users logged in; if the content of a line is older than a set age; if admin clears it with a button. this would also seperate the overlap in uses between messages and chat a little further too.

:idea: the chat room could have a bad word filter on the text entered before posting.

:idea: I think I would be usefull to include the setup pages 3,4&5 if not all of them in the ADMIN section of the phpwcms backend.
this sohuld help the Identifiying and fixing of almost ALL of the setup problems.

:idea: to fix most other problems a new field in setup &admin that compairs the necasery Database structure to the existing structure.
on a fresh install this would not be very helpfull but on subsequent Re-instalations or Upgrades/patches this may highlight errors that have been the cause of some trouble.

:idea: abiltiy to add, edit, modifiey, display, use and delete database information within the article counterpart area.
so that I could setup a new database seperate from the phpwcms database and within it store a photo of all users. then from the article/add counterpart I could insert a 'database list' of all users logged on or all members etc.
I realise this one could get big and messy.

:idea: be able to use Smilies and links in chat/messages.
i'm sure these plenty more too :D
Hello pSouper

no i don't wanna that you go*smile*

but a few wishes you had, sound like u wanna have a community system. an not a content system.

like the chatfunktion, rights manegement, chat function, user online feature.

an i think something like a chat you can solve with adding by change the pagelayout. with inserting an iframe or so! hope you understand what i mean.

i think the system is made for presenting content, and some people maintain differnt categories.

Greets
Pappnase
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

hi P,
I understand what you are saying and agree as regards to the permisions wish's, I hadn't quite got Idea of a wcms when I thought of those.
I guest I would like a flexible 'permisions content manager'. a way of placing whole directory structures behind a user/password wall. with session setting too :).

As withthe chat stuff I guess I would like to see an MSN type chat room.
As it works at the moment it seems to cover the same ground as the message room but without the flashing notice to let you know someone wants to say something to you.

chatroom could be in a seperate window too - this way you can work and chat at the same time :)
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

:idea: lots more GD2 stuff
I would love to be able to watermark / overlay text and other images over the top of an image for copyrighting etc.

also, kind of related...
:idea: a checkbox to disable 'right mouse click' over images AND disable the 'Alt' or 'Printscreen' keys too.
I know this is not fool proof but deters the regular browser from stealing Images that maybe copyright protected: it's nice for us artists anyway ;)
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

:idea: A Menu template option. so that we can use all sorts of .css/html/dhtml/javascript menus such as those found on http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/ and projectseven.com etc.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

:idea: Copy article in addition to cut/paste. If an extra icon is undesireable then maybe as we can existingly move an artcle on the paste action phpwcms could display a 'cut, copy, cancel' querybox.

this would be very useful for creating tutorials may be based on the same page with additional information.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello psouper

nice idea!*smile*

Pappnase
hblaschka

Post by hblaschka »

Another thing missing:
A standard-site (with an easy template - like the one that comes in Oli´s ZIP-Files) using all (or the most important) functions that should be turned on in the installer (but should be switchable), so that the people have something to start and play with... That site should also hold some content describing the features, links to the Login and the documentation...

This site (and the templates) should also be used as reference inside the hopefully soon coming documentation and howtos...

Next step could be a collection of standard-templates (with wizards), like Oli promised to do some weeks ago... ( Don´t kill me for that though :lol: )
Think about that:
The following statement is true!
The last statement is false!
rikki

Post by rikki »

hello all

:!: Copy article in addition to cut/paste >>yes it is really necessary, to keep the structure of a page.

:!: possibility of hiding a title with the public but not in the area of administration.

:!: copy template of course :wink:

:!: A standard-site (with an easy template - like the one that comes in Oli´s ZIP-Files) using all (or the most important) functions >> yes :wink:

bon courage :D
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

more of an FYI kind of thing actually...
:idea: once an article/structure has been deleted it's ALIAS should be too.
I know you are looking in to deletions as a whole though Oliver ;)
argos

more menu features

Post by argos »

Many good suggestions above already, but I would also like to see more features for the menu. For example some easy way to insert a menu seperator or blank item. Or different behaviors and actions that you can assign to it. For my websites I often use Sothinks's DHTML Menu: http://www.sothink.com/webtools/dhtmlmenu/index.htm
Now I don't expect some equivalent of that in phpwcms, but some extra easy to use features would be nice.
Regards,
Jurgen Nijhuis
http://www.argosmedia.nl