The best way to keep pictures and files ?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
chris102

The best way to keep pictures and files ?

Post by chris102 »

The question to those who have dealt with phpwcms for a long time.
Could you please tell me what is the most efficient way of handling pictures and files, phpwcms browser or any of WYSIWYG editor (uploading to server with oryginal names)?

What to do with the pictures that are not used any more. For instance if I delete an article, there are some pictures left on the server. If I delete 100 articles in one year time in may happen that I have 500 useless pictures. How to get rid of them bzw. how to determine them?

If I delete a picture or article it does not disapear from database, it is just marked "9". In one year time my database can be huge. Is there any way of cleaning these deleted entries. I should I manually delete from the database entries market "9".

How to put flash object and text next to it?

Thanx in advance
Ren.Hoek

admin section

Post by Ren.Hoek »

Hello,

you have deleted unused filed from within the filemanager. Now make sure to empty the trashcan (agian inside the filemanager).

Go into the admin section and click "finally remove files" (or similar option, I don`t know the English button because I use the German backend).

Now all files marked as unused and deleted will show up in the folder phpwcms_filestorage/can_be_deleted. Use your FTP-client to delete those files except for the index.html which protects that directory.

Did that help? Oh yeah, another hint: if the rights for some folders aren't set as recommenden in the docs, this could be the reason for this function to fail.

Cheers, Ren Hoek
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi,

please have a look: http://faq.phpwcms-docu.de/category9.html

Gruß Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
Ren.Hoek

Knut

Post by Ren.Hoek »

Hi Knut,

now I remember where I learned about this :D

Thanks and cheers! Ren Hoek