Simple Blog Module + Reptag [Work In Progress]

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
pico

Post by pico »

@DeXXus

my fault :oops: with only one 'Article' in the Blog I can't see this Effect.

So only the ''<< PREVIOUS" Link is not working for me - think that this has not to be shown on the 'first Page' of the Blog !?
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Yes, you seem to have as much understanding, now, as I do. :lol:
It *appears* that Shiny definitely either has not implemented the latest to his website, -or- has not completed the functionality of <<Previous linking, yet, -or- has a "count" problem. Being so busy, probably doesn't help poor Shiny, but his mod is likely to be very *POPULAR* 8)
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Hi both ;)

The previous effect doesn't work if you have only ONE entry in the blog, it does work when you have enough entries to make 2 "pages".
For example, if u have set the default to 5 (as it is when you install from scratch) then the 'previous' will work ONLY when your 6th post is posted.

It is a missing feature, or a 'little' enhancement to add to the blog, but shiny is busy... as said, so give him credit for that one ;) (I say enhancement not bug! Bug is worse IMO)

This could be considered as a "bug": little problems with the blog is definetly the concern for other languages, Ex: you can't use ' ' ' ' ' or Mysql goes wild... so html_encode(decode)_entities have to be taken care of :)

Cheers
shiny

Post by shiny »

pico wrote:
http://localhost/?permalink=3&permalink=3&permalink=3
with every klick on it !?
I'm not shure that I have missed something during the installation, but at shiny's Website I get the same Effect ![/quote]

Yeah, whoops - that's a bug. I really should fix that, not that it makes any difference to the operation of the page - it just looks a bit odd as a URL.

A "Permalink" is a webpage (or more correctly) a URL that will always show the entry you want to link to if you want to link to it. If you think about it, if you just linked to a standard page that was full of, say, 5 entries, the entry would eventually move off that page as entries were added to the top of the blog and the rest shifted down.
http://www.shinypixel.co.uk - WCMSBlog :: The blogging Module for Phpwcms.
Current version : 0.6 [Public Release] - Includes RSS support
Next Version : 0.7 [Public Release] - will include IP banning and blog entry categories
shiny

Post by shiny »

pico wrote:@DeXXus

my fault :oops: with only one 'Article' in the Blog I can't see this Effect.

So only the ''<< PREVIOUS" Link is not working for me - think that this has not to be shown on the 'first Page' of the Blog !?
Sorry, I thought I'd fixed that. I'll look into it again!
Kosse wrote: This could be considered as a "bug": little problems with the blog is definetly the concern for other languages, Ex: you can't use ' ' ' ' ' or Mysql goes wild... so html_encode(decode)_entities have to be taken care of Smile
Where is this exactly? There is some code in there that should fix apostrophe-related problems in most circumstances, I believe. Let me know where I've missed it, and I'll fix.

Oh, and yes, it is the case that the latest version of the Blog Module isn't actually implemented on my site. The version on shinypixel.co.uk is equivalent to Beta 1, not 2 which is currently in testing.
Next Version : 0.7 [Public Release] - will include IP banning and blog entry categories
pico

Post by pico »

@shiny

in ../mod_blogs/inc_lib/dbinit.php you should change Line 16, 40, 60 and 74
for propper work with db_prepend like this

Code: Select all

mysql_query( "CREATE TABLE `".DB_PREPEND."phpwcms_blog.....
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
axelS

Post by axelS »

I would really like to try this blog mod myself but cannot seem to get through to the ShinyPixel crew :-(

Can anybody point me towards a download location please?

MTIA
John Murdoch (DarkCity): "When was the last time you remember doing something during the day?"
shiny

Post by shiny »

Hello again everyone. I've been busy training people this week at work, and it's meant writing training guides in the evening so I haven't had time to finish up Beta 3.

The closed Beta testing for Beta 2 is now closed, and I'll be making a public release of the module early next week (I've just got to tidy up the RSS srcipt). Many thanks to all the beta testers that have sent me feedback - it's been most appreciated.

Thanks for your patience. I'll post on here as soon as the module is out.

@Pico : Cheers - I'll fix that.
axelS

Post by axelS »

Hi Shiny, Thanks for the update mate. Can't wait to see the new release :-D
John Murdoch (DarkCity): "When was the last time you remember doing something during the day?"
velo

Post by velo »

Hi shiny,

Are u already any further with ur project? I really like to use the blogmodule. :D

velo
d-lexy

Post by d-lexy »

I also can't wait to start using this mod. Promises to be really cool!
joransrb

Post by joransrb »

any updates...??
shiny

Post by shiny »

Yes, there are some updates. I've just fixed the RSS (finally) but realised that I need to add a couple of other bits to the core code and configuration so that it all works sensibly.

I've set up a bugtracker that people will be able to log bugs into (so they don't clutter up the forums :) ) and I'm posting news as it happens on the Wcmsblog Blog. (Which now has RSS)
shiny

Post by shiny »

In case anyone's interested, I've now implemented site-wide and blog-specific RSS feeds, and also e-mail notifications when comments are added to blogs (a feature I've been wanting for ages).

Here's a screenshot of the preferences page for a blog that shows how you configure it all:

Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Shiny times 8)

Looks great