Simple Blog Module + Reptag [Work In Progress]

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
Fulvio Romanin

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

i have tested it and i have to admit it ROCKS!

FIVE thumbs up for shiny! :D
Completeness is reached through subtraction, not through addition
Fulvio Romanin

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

oops... talked too early
looks like it's not keeping the permissions (if i assign a user the blog, it doesn't "keeps" the assign) and if i just put {BLOG: blogName} it doesn't gets rendered....
talk to you tomorrow, S.
shiny

Post by shiny »

Fulvio Romanin wrote:oops... talked too early
looks like it's not keeping the permissions (if i assign a user the blog, it doesn't "keeps" the assign)
Hmm, works for me here... I have tested it - could you PM me with a detailed scenario?
Fulvio Romanin wrote: and if i just put {BLOG: blogName} it doesn't gets rendered....
talk to you tomorrow, S.
That's the same with all Reptags as far as I'm aware. The reptags in the instructions don't have any spaces after the colon in them for that reason. It needs to be {BLOG:blogName} . I'll make it more clear in the documentation.
Last edited by shiny on Mon 13. Mar 2006, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.shinypixel.co.uk - WCMSBlog :: The blogging Module for Phpwcms.
Current version : 0.6 [Public Release] - Includes RSS support
Next Version : 0.7 [Public Release] - will include IP banning and blog entry categories
Ben_Hook

Post by Ben_Hook »

Hey shiny.. the new version is WICKED :D :D
It works perfectly on my web server, but on my localhost:
localhost-xampp server wrote: Error:
There is a problem with the Blogs Module Database.

Please ensure that you have installed this module correctly and have all the correct permissions on your PhpWcms database.
Doesnt really matter, but I would like to get it going on my localhost so I can configure the css and everything before I upload it..

Thanks,
Ben Hook
  • If i bore you to death, don't say i didn't warn you.
shiny

Post by shiny »

Ben Hook wrote: Eek!
localhost-xampp server wrote: Error:
There is a problem with the Blogs Module Database.

Please ensure that you have installed this module correctly and have all the correct permissions on your PhpWcms database.
I haven't tested the module on Xampp (I run Apache, PHP and MySQL separately here), and so I'd have to look into that one. I'll need to add some extra debugging info to the DB problems section at some point to get to the bottom of it. I'll see what I can do in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, I can only suggest making a test page on your real webserver, and then fiddling with the CSS while it's up there using an FTP-capable HTML editor such as HTML-Kit (it's what I did while developing :) )
Next Version : 0.7 [Public Release] - will include IP banning and blog entry categories
Fulvio Romanin

Post by Fulvio Romanin »

It needs to be {BLOG:blogName}
i just made a typo on this post - it's properly written on the site...
Ben_Hook

Post by Ben_Hook »

Hi..
Would Dreamweaver 8 be good enough? :lol:
Alright.. I might try a different server system- I only installed xampp because I was in a rush to get a new local host- apache2triad had broken :cry: .
I'll try the stripped down version of a2t (very very good server sytem- http://www.apache2triad.net)
Maybe we could build a server software that automatically installed phpWCMS (such as the ones Mambo / Joomla (same thing) or Typo3 use.
The user runs the program, which sets up a small server software with only the main required components for wcms, and sets up a pre-installed version of phpWCMS with the default settings, so that the user can try it out without going into any trouble installing, without any php knowledge whatsoever :) .
Thanks
  • If i bore you to death, don't say i didn't warn you.
sparks

where do we download the blog module?

Post by sparks »

Hi. is this still a personal release only? Would like to test it on my site: would be a great substitute for "news" part on startup :D
shiny

Post by shiny »

It currently is a 'personal' or 'private' release, yes, but the next release won't be. Since my 'net connection has been down [and still is, I'm posting this on dial-up - nice and slow] and I spent all yesterday in bed ill, I haven't done any work on it over the weekend. I'll sort out the first public release later in the week. There's a bit of news over at the dev blog.
marco

Post by marco »

Would it be possible to also release, perhaps when you have a bit more time, a package consisting of the phpwcms files incorporating the hacks necessary to add the blog mod?

Alternatively, once it is released, maybe somebody who installed the hack over a clean 1.2.6 phpwcms version, could take a snapshot of the modified files and release them, maybe make them avaialable on the phpwcms doc portal?

I mean, for those who do not have other hacks in the phpwcms code, it would help to just be able to copy over the modified files incorporating the blog hacks.
shiny

Post by shiny »

marco wrote:Would it be possible to also release, perhaps when you have a bit more time, a package consisting of the phpwcms files incorporating the hacks necessary to add the blog mod?

Alternatively, once it is released, maybe somebody who installed the hack over a clean 1.2.6 phpwcms version, could take a snapshot of the modified files and release them, maybe make them avaialable on the phpwcms doc portal?

I mean, for those who do not have other hacks in the phpwcms code, it would help to just be able to copy over the modified files incorporating the blog hacks.
It's not a greatly difficult thing to do at all, really. I have a copy of 1.2.5-DEV from which I could do this right now, actually, and it's quite a good idea. I'll certainly consider it, but it's probably something that should go with more 'mature' releases rather than the ones that are in circulation right now.

If anyone else fancies doing so then please wait until I make a public release so people don't end up getting buggy code.
pico

Post by pico »

Hi @shiny

if you klick at the '<< PREVIOUS' Link your Website then this Error
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fhlinux203/s/shinypixel.co.uk/user/htdocs/phpwcms_template/inc_script/frontend_render/blog.module.php on line 45
occours.

Also can you or someone else explain me, what 'PERMALINK' should do?
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

pico wrote:Also can you or someone else explain me, what 'PERMALINK' should do?
If you mean *IN GENERAL*...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permalink
pico

Post by pico »

thx DeXXus

but I meant the Function in the Blog-Mod
at my Testinstallation the only thing what happens is, that the URL in my Browser grows up from
to
with every klick on it !?

I'm not shure that I have missed something during the installation, but at shiny's Website I get the same Effect !
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

pico wrote:I'm not shure that I have missed something during the installation, but at shiny's Website I get the same Effect !
I think you LOST me. :oops:

If we are talking about the same thing, then you are NOT talking about the "coding" of this script, but RATHER the browser actions that you experience when the permalink is "clicked" upon, right?

When I click on a permalink at Shiny's Blog (which shows the last X number of posts)... My browser window is taken to a "permalinked" page that is different from where I just was, and is completely devoid of any other posts, from the blog, except for that one "singular" post itself.

Is it different for you??