Error submitting own forms

Use GitHub to post bug reports and error descriptions for phpwcms. Describe your problem detailed!
peri

Error submitting own forms

Post by peri »

hi all,
ok my problem is funny. I have integrated a php form inside my content.
Runs fine. Now i have created a search content part.
I have 2 serarchfields: one inside the right block and the main search inside he contentblock.

Everytime when i click the searchbutton inside the contentblock i recieve a mail with the search string. ??? How could this be? Dont understand why this happens..

Just wnat to know if someone else had the same problem in the past and if he fixed it. Else i would like to know where i can find the search-file. Just want to edit this function or class.

Inside the backend i see a inputfield where i can tell the script,to split the results of search toseveral pages. Problem: It ignores everything! Is it unfinished? If yes give me a hint where i can find the file for results. I will try to fix it and implement a pagination function.

Then i need some Infos

Where are following files stored:

- sitemap
- contactform
- backend header or index ( need to set the height to 100%)

and where is the content for the selectfield in contentparts?
I have seen that there a things displayed that wont run.

@ Pappnase
You told user in the pastt that you need some help for your docu.
If so.... drop me a line. Iam very interested in a documentation and i would like to help ya.

Bye and thanks to all for reply
peri
Ich werd jetzt erst einmal eine Tasse Tee trinken ... mhh lecker

peri

Post by peri »

No Ideas?
Keine Ideen?

:-(

Ihr könnt auch gern deutsch schreiben... :-)
Esqribe me en Espanol si te va mal el ingles. :-)

peri

Post by peri »

fixed

DeXXus

Re: Error submitting own forms

Post by DeXXus »

peri wrote:hi all,
ok my problem is funny. I have integrated a php form inside my content.
Runs fine. Now i have created a search content part.
I have 2 serarchfields: one inside the right block and the main search inside he contentblock.

Everytime when i click the searchbutton inside the contentblock i recieve a mail with the search string. ??? How could this be? Dont understand why this happens..
Sounds obvious that integrated PHP form (is it a contact form?) is receiving the value of search field from search "content part" upon submit. Perhaps a problem with shared variable names, submit button values or form actions. Only code examples would clarify. You probably should only have one submit button (type="submit") and make the other button a normal button (type="button") which has its own onclick event handler.
Maybe, try making integrated PHP form use whichever above method phpWCMS ~doesn't~ use. Look at "rendered" source to determine this.
peri wrote:Else i would like to know where i can find the search-file. Just want to edit this function or class.
If you 'assess' your abilities as able to edit this function or class... then I would 'expect' your abilities to include being able to investigate and find the pertinent code. :wink:
peri wrote:Inside the backend i see a inputfield where i can tell the script,to split the results of search toseveral pages. Problem: It ignores everything! Is it unfinished? If yes give me a hint where i can find the file for results. I will try to fix it and implement a pagination function.
Yes, "known issue" and not yet resolved. Last sentence above for answer to hint request. :P
peri wrote:Then i need some Infos

Where are following files stored:

- sitemap
- contactform
- backend header or index ( need to set the height to 100%)
Here's some "baby steps":
Many content parts are "logically" stored in a folder named "/include/inc_front/content". :shock:

sitemap - cnt19.article.inc.php
contact form - cnt23.article.inc.php
backend header or index - phpwcms.php
peri wrote:and where is the content for the selectfield in contentparts?

Bye and thanks to all for reply
peri
Not sure what you are asking here. Maybe more specifics or an example will spur an answer from one of the folks here. 8)
peri

Post by peri »

and where is the content for the selectfield in contentparts?
Backend=> When i want to create a article i use the selectfield with following values:

Simple Text
HTMLWYSIWYG
HTML
Code

etc....

I mean: where a these values given to the selectfield?

Thx :-)
Last edited by peri on Fri 17. Mar 2006, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

peri wrote:I mean: where a these values given to the selectfield?
Look for files containing "$wcs_content_type"