Problems adding new section: database freeze.

Use GitHub to post bug reports and error descriptions for phpwcms. Describe your problem detailed!
Liquid

Problems adding new section: database freeze.

Post by Liquid »

On my local phpwcms installation I've noticed a strange problem, and I'm not able to understand if it depends from the wcms or from a strange mysql problem.

It occours when I try to add a section to my site structure: after filling the form and clicking on the submit button, the form becomes empty again and my wcms database goes corrupted. After that, I'm not able to use the backend anymore: every time I try to change page on the backend, the browser is unable to load the page, and the cpu seems to work a lot ;)
Then the only way is to replace the corrupted database whith PhpMyAdmin.

System: Mac OS X 10.4, PHP 4.3.11, MySQL 4.0.21, wcms 1.2.5 and Apache 1.3.33

Please help me!
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

seems that your mySQL has a Problem - maybe Hardware (Memory) or Configuration Apache, mySQL and PHP.
Do you use a 'Ready-to-Run' installation like XAMPP?
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

Hi, and thanks for the reply. My "ready to use" installation (Complete MySQL by Server Logistics, one of the most used on Macintosh Environment) works well, I'm sure 'cause I've never had a problem before.

The problem persists even if I change the mysql user, the database and even if I do a fresh install of the wcms.

This is a screen report of the bug.

http://www.dancestudioetoile.it/bug.png

How can I solve this problem??
pico

Post by pico »

locks like you have a Recursive Call somewhere and this goes endless? Never seen this before - :(
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Your browser would be the "other half" of the equation. Refresh, headers, doctype, browser cache, phpWCMS cache, how you configured your template, something... Hmmm.

Maybe turning on all errors & notices will show something ?

BTW, latest 1.2.6 DEV archive is out :wink:
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

The only operation I made on my remote database is to change the character collation (latin1 swedish ci > utf8 generic) using phpMyAdmin v. 2.7.0

The strange thing is that when I backup my remote database, and load it locally, some accented letters (such as ù à ò è ì) goes wrong.

And only the table articlecat seems to report this problem. Any suggestion?

Cheers