[solved] Editing the looks of articles

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Ozone

[solved] Editing the looks of articles

Post by Ozone »

Hey all,

I'm currently working with 1.2.3-DEV, and try to change the look of my article. So far, I've found some of the stuff inside the frontend.css (to edit the main part of the article), but I cannot find where to change the text size etc. for the different content parts (eg. Text with images, I would like to change the title to BOLD).

If anyone can help me out with this, it would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Oz

EDIT:
In my case, it probably had something to do with file-errors, reïnstalling 1.2.3-DEV solved the problem.
Last edited by Ozone on Fri 12. Aug 2005, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
pepe

Post by pepe »

Hi ozone,

look into the frontend.css, there you can find the classes, which are to change, if you want to have something "other"

Take h1 ... h4 for the optical changing of
Title - SubTitle - ContentHead and ContenSubHead

Have a look ... and you will see :idea:
Ozone

Post by Ozone »

Thanks Pepe for your info,
I will certainly have a closer look!

Oz
Ozone

Post by Ozone »

Well, things are not working like I hoped they would.

I've seen the things that I could change in the frontend.css,
and I have seen some stuff in 'phpwcms_template/inc_cntpart/articlesummary/article/sample.tmpl'.

But, actually, I can only change the look of the summary, and not of the content-parts that come after that (eg. Text + Image)...

The stupid thing is, that this is my second phpwcms install on the same server (different location though), and for the first one I was actually able to do it (1.1 RC4)

Hope anyone can point me into the right direction here...

Oz
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

please look here!!
template article listing / display full article (optional):
Here you can choose an template for article and summary. Choose for an test the sample.tmpl in the dropdown menues. You will find the template for article listing in /phpwcms_template/inc_cntpart/articlesummary/list and for the full article /phpwcms_template/inc_cntpart/articlesummary/article.
http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/index.php?creating_articles
Ozone

Post by Ozone »

I was actually trying to achieve the different looks via the sample.tmpl, but as mentioned, the only it changes is the way the article title and summary (first part) looks like. The content parts after that are not affected

When looking at my first installation of phpwcms, I can see that I made custom entries into the frontend.css (why did I not save that info anywhere :cry: ) to change the way everthing looks.

But, if I made custom entries in my frontend.css, I must have changed some files as well. But I cannot see which ones to edit :cry:

Can you still follow me?
Ozone

Post by Ozone »

One other thing I noticed:
When I take a look at the source for the page, There's no class definition around the titles in the content parts? So, when I change the size of 'td, tr, th, p' in the frontend.css, everything, including those titles change.

Could this be the 'error'?
Ozone

Post by Ozone »

I've taken some screenshots of the behavior:

and after changing the frontend.css (size of 'td, tr, th,p'):

I'm still puzzeled here :cry:
Ozone

Post by Ozone »

OK, don't ask me why/how, but the problem is solved.

As a last option, I reïnstalled the complete 1.2.3-DEV version, placed back my conf.inc.php (only that one), and dubblechecked the file/folder permissions.

After that, I cleaned the cashes (via phpwcms backend), and that helped.

Thanks everbody for the input and sorry for all the hussle! :wink:

PS. This is the second strange error I had, and the first one had something todo with 'editing files via cPanel'... Could this be a coincidence?