create admin account as default

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
frold

create admin account as default

Post by frold »

http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello frold

n ice idea but is this relllay needed? i think this would be for the useres an sec. risk. cos if they dont read that they need to check the create admin account box. then they also forget to uncheck the box! and had 2 admin accounts!
jsw_nz

Post by jsw_nz »

Hi guys...I agree with you both....but when i first started out the "create admin account" checkbox kind of stumped me...having left it unchecked on first try....might be nice to have it pre-checked (with a short sentence explanation below it) - just thinking about newcomers here.... :D
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

jsw_nz wrote:Hi guys...I agree with you both....but when i first started out the "create admin account" checkbox kind of stumped me...having left it unchecked on first try....might be nice to have it pre-checked (with a short sentence explanation below it) - just thinking about newcomers here.... :D
hello john

you're right. but it the users didn't read to check this box did you think the read a short sentence below the box!?
jsw_nz

Post by jsw_nz »

Hi Pappnase.....man you are fast...i just posted seconds ago....you are on TOP of the forums....kind of scary :roll:
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hehe john there was 6 minutes difference between you're post an my answer. and i can remember that there was times i was faster ;-)
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

useres an sec. risk. cos if they dont read that they need to check the create admin account box. then they also forget to uncheck the box! and had 2 admin accounts!
But ... they can delete it in 2 seconds in the admin panel, while the fact that they don't check it makes the login impossible! (see the numerous threats in forum from new users like this one: http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7900)

Cheers

PS: Pap' you're fast indeed :wink:
ssddgreg

Post by ssddgreg »

Hi!

Having a default admin already available in the MySQL database is really an excellent idea.

I would maybe put a security warning on the login.php, if the username and password of the Administrator is still "admin" , "admin". It should appear if those two values are unchanged.

During the installation this could be an option to assign a default admin as a second admin user (the first one would the with the entered username and password).

A really nice and helpful suggestion!
jsw_nz

Post by jsw_nz »

going to bump this one....I think if the community voted on this...it would come up yes....set it by default....Kosse had a good point as well.... :D