login redirects to .... login?

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
Cole

login redirects to .... login?

Post by Cole »

First - I'm sorry for having to post this topic. I know there is an answer within the forum somewhere, in fact I found it last night but I can't find it today and I've looked everywhere. So again, I'm sorry for having to repost a question that I believe has already been answered.

Not that's out of the way. :arrow:

I've just installed PHPwcms and it all seemed to install fine. The problem is when I go to login. When I go to the login.php page and login it takes me to the login.php page and tells me that I'm online but all I can do is login again (and again, and again, and again, etc.) I can't get into the admin area. My index.php page is also blank but from reading the forum I don't believe this a problem just that I can't get into the admin area to setup a template.

the server my site is hosted with runs FreeBSD with PHP v4.3.10 (if this helps).

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Cole on Thu 16. Jun 2005, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
sheryco

Post by sheryco »

I used to have the same issue with that sometime ago I then noticed that the date on my server was off into the past. Once I changed it to the proper time it seems to log me in fine. Am not sure that will help but I did for me. You may also want to check your error logs and see error pops up when you login.
Using you favorite ssh client login as root ( as if you don't know )
tail -f /path/to/your/error/log

You can do this while you try to login via your web browser you can paste the error here so I or some else can decipher it.
BLOWFISH 3.4 OORRAAH!!
DAEMONDOG
Cole

Post by Cole »

sheryco: thanks for your reply mate. I honestly can't explain why but I just went to login again, to see what information it would pass into the error log and it worked with no problem.

Very Strange.

Sorry if I've wasted anyones time with this topic. I'll let you guys know if it should happen again.
pico

Post by pico »

looooong Time ago ......

I reported about the 'Tuesday don't go Problem' :D

but now it has changed to the 'Thursday go' :wink:
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board