Possible to integrate a blog?

discuss about sites that are just under construction or where experimental stuff is used
Tomasahl

Possible to integrate a blog?

Post by Tomasahl »

Hello.

On my site Stop Child Abuse I am interrested of integrating a blog, like Movable Type. My idea is to "drop" the forum and instead use the blog to do daily updates of things i have read. And then post important news articles whenever I find some in the news area. Today I don't have a blog so I try to update in the news area instead - but it is not quite the same.
I want to use Movable Type. I use that on another site and i find it very good.

Does anyone have experience of how to integrate a blog? (Guess that MT, WP and b2evo generally works the same in that aspect).
trip

Post by trip »

You could try and use and Iframe with automatic height...
I have not seen this, but why dont u use WCMS?

I use it all the time to add news and works perfectly for me...

TriP
fabiradi

Post by fabiradi »

Isn't it that a blog will be included in the next release? The Dev-Pre 1.2.2 Release has no blog AFAIN.
Tomasahl

Post by Tomasahl »

Hello trip, thanks for the advice.
Well, basically - I use ppwcms for news updates, but I also want a blog that is more of persoenal reflections and so. Instead i am going to drop the forum, since it takes too much effort to maintain - moderating and such.

I have a registered version of Movable Type now, and that is what i want to use. I wil try iframe solution. Thanks again.
trip

Post by trip »

why dont u use b2evo?
looks more impressive than movable type...?

TriP
Tomasahl

Post by Tomasahl »

trip wrote:why dont u use b2evo?
looks more impressive than movable type...?

TriP
Well, I don't want to be responsible for starting an off-topic discussion, so I'll pass on that :D

Anyway - I tried them both and made a choise.
fabiradi

Post by fabiradi »

at the moment it is not off-topic as some people want to include one on their site and are not able to do it with phpWCMS right now.

i have to integrate one in the next few weeks for a customer. they don't one like MT. they just want a simple blog to post text and pics and let visitor post comments on it.
marco

Re: Possible to integrate a blog?

Post by marco »

Tomasahl wrote:Hello.
Does anyone have experience of how to integrate a blog? (Guess that MT, WP and b2evo generally works the same in that aspect).
This site has an article on how to integrate Blogger with phpwcms:

http://ionrock.umemusic.com/index.php?id=6,0,0,1,0,0

I did not try it; maybe somebody who already tried this out can post a link to see the result.
trip

Post by trip »

:lol: