MPEG4 Movies with trouble?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
adriano

MPEG4 Movies with trouble?

Post by adriano »

I did put a small mpeg4 movie into my cms. But I do have some trouble and do not know, where I do have to search:

First: I cannot upload this movie with phpwcms. If I select it in the filestorage for upload, no upload will done. I do receive an error where it says, I did not had a file selected for upload.

Second: I put the file into a folder in the root directory, named the folder movies and made a mulitmedia content part, where I used the external file. This works fine, but when I open up the article in my browser, the text and content does not scroll fine. Maybe this a problem with my Mac browser, but I do not know.

Has anyone some experience with mpeg 4 files and phpwcms?
Fotos von Norddeutschland und der Nordseeküste
Photos of Northern Germany and the North Sea Coast:
http://www.wackernah.net
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Can you send me a link Adriano?
Last edited by Oliver Georgi on Sat 31. Jan 2004, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
adriano

Post by adriano »

Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Bei mir geht es ohne Probleme:

WindowsXP Professional, Internet Explorer 6, QuickTime 6.5
auf Mozilla 1.6 auch OK.

Another point regarding video files is that it's not recommend to store such large media files in phpwcms filestorage. The media file handling is much simpler when you use such media files as external source.

Oliver
adriano

Post by adriano »

Hello Oliver,

did you try to scroll per keybord? When I scroll down and up again, than all down of the mp4-video lays over or under the video. This is for with the Mac browser Safari.

This video is only 2.7 megs large and it should not be the problem. On another site, which is hosted by a provider, I had a 4 megs quicktime movie (.mov) and that could uploaded with wcms without any trouble. SO I think, it has problems with mp4. I will try this with a quicktime movie (.mov) again.

I found another problem with the served code for quicktime movies. If you have a new windows system with IE 5.5 and newer, the <embed> tag does not work anymore. Instead you have to use the <object> tag. Where do I have to change the code for serving this?
adriano

Post by adriano »

Now I put the same video as .mov file as an external link into wcms. It is quite larger - 7.7 megs - but it has a larger size to: 240x180 pixel where the mp4 had only 160x120 pixel.

I will ask Apple for this problem. Maybe I have this problem only with my browser.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I have no display problems - maybe the plugin does not work very well in Safari. This is no finished project at the moment. Use Mozilla 1.6 on MacOSX and try again. We have 2 Macs here - but I have not tested your problem right now.

The <object> tag is included - so no need to change that. The <embed> tag is wrapped by <object> but included for older browser compatibility.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I checked on iBook under MacOS9 and Internet Explorer 5.1.6 -> no problem. Everything is well displayed - also when scrolling the browser window up/down.

Oliver