Please advice on article embedding problem!

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
vrain

Please advice on article embedding problem!

Post by vrain »

Hi, my webhost just turned off "allow_url_fopen" command for security reasons, and all my {URL} tags crashed. Essentially, I was calling a directory article listing from my index page.

My initial URL command : {URL:http://mysite.com/index.php?press}

Can someone advice how to go about embedding that URL alternatively?

First thing I tried to do was to use the [PHP] function to try to include that page, and wrote this: [PHP]include('/index.php?press');[/PHP] but am getting a parse error.

( Parse error: parse error, unexpected ')' in /home/.quinette/mysite/mysite.com/include/inc_front/front.func.inc.php(2307) : eval()'d code on line 1 )

Can someone help please? How do I do this correctly?

thanks,

VR
vrain

Post by vrain »

Also, when I type

[PHP]include 'index.php?press';[/PHP]

I get this error :

Warning: Unknown(index.php?press): failed to open stream: No such file or directory inhome/.quinette/mysite/mysite.com/include/inc_front/front.func.inc.php(2307) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'index.php?press' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.quinette/mysite/mysite.com/include/inc_front/front.func.inc.php(2307) : eval()'d code on line 1

And when I try {PHP:index.php?press} it also does not work, but gives no error message.
vrain

Post by vrain »

I figured out a secure way to link to web pages, though CURL function.

So now it works if I type:

[PHP]
$curl_handle=curl_init();
curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_URL,'http://mysite.com/index.php?press');
curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT,1);
curl_exec($curl_handle);
curl_close($curl_handle);
[/PHP]

While it works, the users of the cms wont be able to write this every time, so Im wondering, is there a way to edit the phpwcms code itself so that every time I use the {URL} function, it uses this CURL function under the hood?

I think generally it would be a good idea to add this to the future phpwcms releases, for better security.

thanks,

Vrain
vrain

Post by vrain »

*bump*