Formatting my layout and template issues

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
sambinomio

Formatting my layout and template issues

Post by sambinomio »

I am a new user of phpwcms and i checked on support posts for similar issues than those I experience with my first website.

I am unable to find the place where I can modify the parameters of my template.

1- First of all I noticed that there is a space between the different blocks of my page layout that I cannot change
You can see that at : http://www.xxxxxxxxxx/index.php
I looked almost everywhere to try to find out but I cannot imagine where I can set up this "padding" to be setup as "0".

2- I also encounter an issue whith {NAV_LIST_TOP} which displayis a kind of column of links instead of a horizontal menu.
I did not find where to modify a parameter for this

3- I am not able to amend the font (size, type) of my content
I tried by modifying the file : frontend.css. I did not reach to modify anything

Thank you in advance for your kind help

I have also 2 main issues : {NAV_TOP} displays
Last edited by sambinomio on Wed 4. May 2005, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

There's some info on the erroneous 'space' between content parts in this post:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29221#29221

and here:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25240#25240

This issue may have been corrected in the dev version, I use the RC4 at present.

There's some info on creating your own templates for article listing and article summaries here:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25777#25777

My tip for creating the article templates themselves is to choose 'Custom (from template main block)' in the 'Page Layout' screen and build your entire template in the 'main' section of the template editor using DIVs. Add replacement tags for menus etc. Then you have pixel-perfect control.

Frontend CSS needs to be CHMOD 666, otherwise any changes will not be saved.

Someone else should hopefully be able to help you with formatting the {nav_list_top} menu. It's not one I use. 8)
sambinomio

Post by sambinomio »

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'd already seen the first of these posts about space between article titles and content. Unfortunately my issue is not the same.

The space I'm talking about is between "BLOCKS" (main, top, left, right, bottom) if you have a look to my webpage you will see like padding space in white between pictures that I would like to be close to each other.

I am going to check about CHMOD of frontend.css but as I replace the file eachtime... I don't understand.

Thank you anyway.

:-)
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

Sorry, can't help with that one. I have always built the template in a wysiwyg editor and just cut-n-pasted the DIVs into the 'main' bit.

I looked at your site and PHPWCMS is building the page using tables, but you have a choice of using CSS DIV instead in 'Page layout'. Maybe that will cure it.?
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

look in your Backend (Admin) - Pagelayout

Space between Left , Right, Top Bottom

See

in German Abstand rechts - links - oben - unten
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
sambinomio

Post by sambinomio »

Indeed, that's the first thing I modified. If I put a big value on these fields ie: "20" I see this space increasing. The issue is that even putting "0" in this fields a space remains.
sambinomio

Post by sambinomio »

Thank you for your kind help... I changed of way of doing...

Following your advises I setup my page with CSS instead of Tables and I created my own CSS file.

It works properly now.

THANK YOU ALL !!!