New Site for UK Dry cleaners...

post released sites here made with phpwcms
pixi

New Site for UK Dry cleaners...

Post by pixi »

Designed the corporate logo, and created a new site for Kensington Dry cleaners using phpWCMS ( Thanks to Trip for the CSS integration) :lol:

http://www.kensingtondrycleaners.com/

Any comments / tips / critiques on the layout or design would be appreciated..

More to follow. Pixi.
Never trust a chicken in a gimp suit :)
http://www.maxdefinition.net
brans

Post by brans »

just one little thing is disturbing me:

couldn't you use 2 templates: 1 for your "home" where the flash animation is loaded and all the content slides into the header and a second static one. In my opinion such animations should be used to focus attention on changing information, not to focus on static information.

Update:
I haven't actually looked as deep into your site as spirelli did.

I have to say: correct those really unneeded errors, but they seem to be some kind of "things you no more see when you have seen a website too often"-errors )
Last edited by brans on Mon 18. Apr 2005, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

I feel the same about the Flash animation.

Also, the "For more info:" and Tel. no could have a bit more contrast with the background to maybe cater for a wider audience.

Apart from that the Telephone number should have the format 020 7602 7696 (and not 0207 602 7696). The city code for London is 020, and the phone number is 7602 7696. You wold not be able to pick up the phone and just dial 602 7696 from inside London. Unfortunately, many people get this wrong in London and UK, owing to the fact that there were two different city codes in operation in London until the year 2000 or something like that.

I wonder whether there could be some futher design measures taken on the home page that allows people to pick up faster what the points are that make Kensington Dry Cleaners special. At the moment you really have to read the whole text. Maybe instead of the headline "What makes Kensington Dry Cleaners special?" which is not really that clever and creative, one could think of some meaningfull headdings for each paragraph that would straight away give people an idea what makes Kensington Dry Cleaners special.

It is a bit of a shame that the columns of your tables don't have the same width always, resulting the prices being in a different position on each page. Could you have the prices on the right of the table for all price lists? The "Shoe Service" table is missing the headding "Prices".

Your Bullet point at the start of each page should have smoother edges.
pixi

Post by pixi »

Wow thanks for the comments guys.

I will definately get onto making those amends to the site :) Regarding the flash header, I agree it may become irritating after a while to see the intro animations all the time, and will change this.

Muchos gracias. See ya on the forums. 8)
Never trust a chicken in a gimp suit :)
http://www.maxdefinition.net
trip

Post by trip »

:lol: :lol:
Rainer G

Post by Rainer G »

I'm not a great fan of flash.

Look at your side without flash - it looks not good!
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

Rainer G wrote:Look at your side without flash - it looks not good!
Even imagining the Flash away I think this is all in all a good site: Simple and straight forward. Propably everything there that customers would want to know, easy to navigate and the info displayed relaticely clearly.
However, I would add another menu item to the Services section which woule be "Free delivery" and repeat some of the info that is mentioned in the About section. If I would be looking for the delivery and pick up cost specifically I would not search in the About section . To me this info belongs to the services section.
Would be nice to see a himan face on the site by the way.