content in topspce!?

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
Pappnase

content in topspce!?

Post by Pappnase »

hello

what did you think about the possiblity also place content in the top space from the page layout!? so the header can be also used for navigation an the header can be used only for graphics e.g. corporate design.

Pappnase
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

hi Pappnase, when you say 'place content' do you mean use html in the top space area? (and bottom space area too i guess)

I could see an argument for it to maintain a clean header and footer.
you could use the area for bread crumb and horizontal menus etc. Even though you are actually not getting any extra benefits other than that.

OR, have I missed something and thier is a really cool idea you have up your sleave ? please share ;)
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

yes i mean this that way that u have an clean header. so in the top space you could place the top navigation replacement tag or so!
or your own navigation menue! und you don't need to format it with an e.g. div or so.

pappnase
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

where is the problem to do this right now?
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

I think Pappnase is hoping fo the 'page layout' section to have an input box for the top_space and bottom_space to input HTML like that of the MAIN, HEADER, FOOTER, LEFT & RIGHT.

I would like to see all the areas larger and have a preview button that would popup an article that currently uses the page layout I'm currently editing [speed reasons really ;)]. but you can ignore me ;)
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

sorry - I have not read very well.

I don't think that this is neccessary. It's what it is - space only. For using more complex layouts it's easier to use custom layouts.

Oliver
Florian

Post by Florian »

Jop, Oliver is right. But as I regonized there is a problem with the printing function when you're using the coustom layout, because it's looks like she's serving the hole "main" body and not only the {CONTENT} part. But well, I guess I'll find out another way for the option.

Cheers,
Florian
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Hi Florian,

check content.func.inc.php line 251: and change to

Code: Select all

$content["all"] = $content["main"]; //$block["maintext"]
Oliver
Florian

Post by Florian »

Great, it works pretty well. Thats the array I've searched for.

Thanks very much,
Florian