1.2.1. DEV: search only works when user logged in backend

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
pierre.meli

Post by pierre.meli »

With 2 different sites and each on a different hosting products, I observe the same behaviour:
- http://cms.meli.cc
- http://www.uninautic.ch/cms

Problem Description
The searach function only shows results when 1 user is logged in in the backend. As soon as I log out the function doesn't work anymore. Not work in this contexte means: I type in a keyword and the search page goes back to the initial stege as it was called just now. I login and use the same search string and the results are coming...?

Any advise on that?

Cheers Pierre
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

i can not confirm this! wich version did you use?
Ben

Post by Ben »

I don't seem to be experiencing this problem - I have 1.2.1 DEV running for about 5 sites with no searching problems
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

maybe somthing is going wrong during the upload! so please try to solve it with re uploading the include folder!
kippi

Post by kippi »

Hi,

I can confirm this problem, on two different installations. Both are a 1.2.1 DEV installs from scratch, not copied over a previous release. I've uploaded include folder again with no change in result. Any hints where to start further investigation ?

Thanks in advance!
sometime, I'll promise ...
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

is the cache enabled!?
kippi

Post by kippi »

Hello Pappnase,

thanks, you have saved my day ;-) As soon as I set 'cache' to 'off' in the corresponding article for the search (cache disabled completely for this page, not just the for 'search'), it does work even when nobody is logged into the backend.
Still unsure why this is needed, maybe Oliver can tell more.
However, that's an easy workaround.

Thanks again and best regards,
kippi
sometime, I'll promise ...
pierre.meli

Post by pierre.meli »

Great it works !
Thanks, Pappnase