navigation level and formating

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
dexter

navigation level and formating

Post by dexter »

actually i am looking for the replacement tag to show just the third level navigation of a menu point.

by the way, why so many different replacement tags for the navigation? why not just one {NAV} and to get just the 2nd or 3rd level {NAV:2} or {NAV:3}
the formating, horicontal or vertical and which bullets or background, contains the css file. i think that would be easier and more clear.

but back to my first question. how to display the third level of a navigation point?
brans

Post by brans »

what is the third level of a navigation point ?

use the latest release (DEV 1.2.1) and use
{NAV_LIST} replacement tag, where you will be able to set all your settings inside the css file.

There are so many different navigation tags because they do so many different things. Each tag returns another html code which actually can't be controled from a css file.
dexter

Post by dexter »

a third level navigation is for example:

one
two
three
three.one
three.two
three.three
three.three.one <---third level
three.three.two <---third level
four
five

whats about the {NAV_LIST} the pure tag doesnt work and i can´t see a description of this tag in the replacement tag listing.

i am using dev 1.1.9 i see no 1.2.1 version.

thanks for your help
brans

Post by brans »

This tag is not included in 1.1.9 you will have to use 1.2.1 or you will have to add the tag yourself: --...--/index.php/topic,59.0.html

This third level was easily possible by just doing the following:

One (ID:1)
Two (ID:2)
Three(ID:3)
Three.one (ID:4)
Three.two (ID:5)
Three.two.one (ID:6)
Three.two.two (ID:7)

use: {NAV_TABLE_COLUMN:5} and you will have a third level navigation.
or: {NAV_LIST_ALL:5} (before DEV 1.2.1) or {NAV_LIST:5} (DEV 1.2.1 and alter)