htmlarea help needed

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
oldfolk

htmlarea help needed

Post by oldfolk »

Hi I've searched the forum for answers on problems with this, and have pulled up hundreds of links each time and am burning out trying to find the answer. Hopefully this is not a blatant re-posting.

Anyway, I put up a site for someone that had been working just fine. The htmlarea sometimes wouldn't show in firefox but it always showed in IE and since the site owners use IE I figured it was no problem. But now all of a sudden the htmlarea editor has stopped appearing and now only a plain input text shows.

I have checked the paths, the config file, tried clearing cache over and over but just can't find an answer for why it has stopped showing up.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have you experienced problems like this. Any help would be appreciated.

using Release 1.1-RC4 27-08-2004 on a linus server

thanks
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

wich firefox version did you use!?
did you disable something in the internet settinigs in ie!?
oldfolk

Post by oldfolk »

I'm using firefox 8.0, 1.0 and IE 5.5

I'm not sure what the version of IE the site owners are using but when I ran thru the system with them on their computer a few days before, all was working well.

htmlarea has always been somewhat buggy in firefox and I never could get the other editor to work at all in it, but had always worked for me in IE 5.5 . I tried accessing the site with and without the www. prefix but it made no difference.

Noone has been in by way of the cpanel, so they couldn't have bothered anything in the setup. I've been going thru it and am really stumped.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

hmmm should be working! sorry don't know where the error could be!
oldfolk

Post by oldfolk »

Thanks anyway. :cry: