Zeilenumbruch im Content / word-wrap in content IE/FIREFOX

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
bornchilla

Zeilenumbruch im Content / word-wrap in content IE/FIREFOX

Post by bornchilla »

German:
Hi ich habe heute mal meine Startseite mit Textinhalt gefüllt. Dabei habe ich nun aber ein Problem.
Ich erhalte mit dem Internet Explorer ein anderes Ergebnis als mit Mozilla. Ich habe in meinem Text eigentlich mit Zeilenumbrüchen gearbeitet. Diese werden nun allerdings nur im IE dargestellt, nicht im Mozilla Firefox.
Wie kann ich dieses Problem beheben?

English
Hi today i filled my Startpage with some text-content. In doing so i got a problem.
With the Internet Explorer I get another result as with the Mozilla Firefox.
In my content-text i worked with word-wraps. These word_wraps are now displayed in Firefox but not in the IE.
How can I solve this problem?

MY PAGE: http://bornchilla.bo.funpic.de/html/cms/index.php (it's the index page [home])

THANK YOU FOR HELP!!!
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

can't say why right away, but you could work with <p></p> tags to get the spacing.

Code: Select all

<font color="#333333"><p><b>
I</b>ch begrüße Euch auf meiner Homepage!<br>
Im Moment befindet sich noch alles im Aufbau und ich arbeite so oft es geht am Gesamtwerk.</p>
<p>
Als erstes ist jetzt erstmal die Fertigstellung des Designs dran. <br>
Danach folgen dann die Standartseiten, wie Impressum, Gästebuch, Sitemap und Suchfunktion.</p>
<p>
Wenn das geschafft ist, werde ich mich an den genauen Content machen und auch zwei Bildergalerien eröffnen.<br>
Es wird in ferner Zukunft sicher auch ein paar Downloads & Projektarbeiten von mir hier geben.</p>
<p>
Bis es soweit ist, müsst ihr euch aber leider noch ein wenig gedulden,
allerdings werde ich so oft es geht an den Neuerungen arbeiten.</p>
<p>
In diesem Sinne,<br>
Felix alias    :: bornchilla</p></font>
bornchilla

Post by bornchilla »

FINE! It works :D

but what's the reason? can't the IE interpret <br>-tags?

But now another question!
Where do I have to change the font and size of the text. It's in the "standard css" isn't it? But where is it exactly?
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

You have specified in the template which .css file you are using.
If in doubt where the exact place is to change things within this file, look up the source code of your webpage (access via the View menu) and check out what class the section has that needs to be changed.
bornchilla

Post by bornchilla »

The class is "class="articleSummary" is that possible?

In my "standard css" there is a part called articleSummary:

.articleSummary {
	font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 12px;
	color: #000000;
	line-height: 125%;
	text-align: justify;
	letter-spacing: 0.05em;
There I have to change my font, size etc?
Because when i change font-size: 12px; to font-size: 20px;
The font is not bigger. Only the distance between the lines is bigger.
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

changing font-size should give you a larger font. Does it not work in any browser?
The line height changes at the same time because it is set to be 125% of the font hight.

By the way, have a look how you like it without "text-align: justify;" and "letter-spacing: 0.05em;". I;m not a fan of those.
bornchilla

Post by bornchilla »

You're right, without letter-spacing it is better, but I like the justify lookout.
The change of font-szie still doesn't work. I chande the font-size to ": 26px;" but only the distance is bigger! :cry:

AND(!) One last question:
I want to change the color of my naigaton table on the left.
I also found the part in the html-code:

<tr style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="location.href='index.php?news';return false;" onmouseover="MM_swapImage('linkidWDgySB','','img/article/nav_link_1.gif',1);this.bgColor='#D3ED7D';" onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore();this.bgColor='#D9DEE3';" bgcolor="#d9dee3">
But where is it? Where is the file to change. The css doesn't contain the colors...
WHERE IS IT??? :?: :?
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

bornchilla wrote:The change of font-szie still doesn't work. I chande the font-size to ": 26px;" but only the distance is bigger! :cry:
no idea what the reason is for it. maybe someone else has got an idea here?
bornchilla wrote:You're right, without letter-spacing it is better, but I like the justify lookout.
The change of font-szie still doesn't work. I chande the font-size to ": 26px;" but only the distance is bigger! :cry:

AND(!) One last question:
I want to change the color of my naigaton table on the left.
But where is it? Where is the file to change. The css doesn't contain the colors...
WHERE IS IT??? :?: :?
Please search the forum. There are several discussions about this.
bornchilla

Post by bornchilla »

Okay change of color worked...
Thank's for your fast help!!! (DANKESCHÖN ;-))

I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME WITH MY FONT-SIZE PROBLEM. :roll:
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

I have take look to your Surcecode ind Firefox ( have installed the Plugin for HTML-Validation) and there it shows a warning in the Line where your Content starts - 'Warning: missing </font> befor <p>

So go back in your Code what you inserted in Head-, Right- and Left-Section and check that your Tag's are all in the right order and closed correctly.
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
bornchilla

Post by bornchilla »

hm...
I couldn't find an error in my code.

<font color="#333333"><p><b>
I</b>ch begrüße Euch auf meiner Homepage!<br />
Im Moment befindet sich noch alles im Aufbau und ich arbeite so oft es geht am Gesamtwerk.</p>
<p>
Als erstes ist jetzt erstmal die Fertigstellung des Designs dran. <br />
Danach folgen dann die Standartseiten, wie Impressum, Gästebuch, Sitemap und Suchfunktion.</p>
<p>
Wenn das geschafft ist, werde ich mich an den genauen Content machen und auch zwei Bildergalerien eröffnen.<br />
Es wird in ferner Zukunft sicher auch ein paar Downloads & Projektarbeiten von mir hier geben.</p>
<p>
Bis es soweit ist, müsst ihr euch aber leider noch ein wenig gedulden,
allerdings werde ich so oft es geht an den Neuerungen arbeiten.</p>
<p>
In diesem Sinne,<br />
Felix alias    :: bornchilla</p></font>
COULD YOU??? (or anyone else?)
I only want to change the font size![/quote]

OR IS THERE A possibility to change fint size withe the wysiwyg editor??? in phpwcms
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

I've just seen size="2" in your font tag. Have you just put it, experimenting? It's not in the code you've posted above.
bornchilla

Post by bornchilla »

yes i conduct an experiment... and it works BUT I THINK IT's NOT CLEAN!
Is there no integrated operation (f.e. in the wysiwyg editor) to make a text bigger or smaller???

Another new question:
I want to add a newsscript and a search form on the rightt side. (under ":: NEWS ::")
Is there a possibility to do this with replacementtags???
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

bornchilla wrote:yes i conduct an experiment... and it works BUT I THINK IT's NOT CLEAN!
Is there no integrated operation (f.e. in the wysiwyg editor) to make a text bigger or smaller????
Which editor are you using. Try switching to a different one (in the config file). I'm sure there is one that has some font sizing included. Otherwise css should really work. But do you also know that if you change it the ArticleSummary in the css file you cange it for all article summaries across the whole of your site basically.

bornchilla wrote:Another new question:
I want to add a newsscript and a search form on the rightt side. (under ":: NEWS ::")
Is there a possibility to do this with replacementtags???
What do you mean with 'news script'? There is the {NEW} replacement tag which shows the latest articles (please refer to documentation website), or you could make a whole new category for that. But to get it on the same page you would work have to work your way throught the discibtions on the different pages of website: http://peperkorn-online.de/index.php?inhalt-2spaltig