phpwcms Login problem again !!

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Mike1

Post by Mike1 »

Kosse wrote:Hi mdgroot
tried from Belgium, I'm using Firefox 1.0 (en version) and tried with Explorer, same problem.
with demo/demo
Happens as you said, logging in OK but when you click you're thrown out.
Strange. :shock:
Here too... It is incredible problem!!! Not possible to go ahead! Oliver ????
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

i've ssen that this is a dev release install. so is it an fresh install or an upgrade!?
mdgroot

Post by mdgroot »

This is a new dev release install.
But the problem is also with the 27-8a release...
Mike1

Post by Mike1 »

I need to say - definitely there is a problem in the phpWCMS in the login section (admin autorization)!!! There are absolutelly no reason why it should not work correctly on my (and any other) hosting! Just checked-tested MAMBO cms - and it works!!!! Without any modification from my side!!!

Oliver, please, take a look at this asap!!!!
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

Peekay wrote:This setting is *off* (session.use_trans_sid = 0) by default in PHP Version 4.3.4 and above. So your host has probably upgraded, or re-installed their PHP and failed to re-set it.
However... just checked and of course it's *off* on my local PHP too. :oops: Maybe this is caused by a MySQL upgrade? I have no problems with the setup below. If you post your setup details perhaps you can identify a common issue.

PHPWCMS 1.1 RC4 27-08-2004.
MySQL 3.32
PHP 4.3.7
register_globals: on
safe-mode: on
session.use_trans_sid: off
mdgroot

Post by mdgroot »

phpwcms 1.1 RC4 27-8-2004a
phpwcms dev 1.6
MySQL 4.1.7
PHP 4.3.10
session.use_trans_sid: off (on makes no difference)
register_globals: on
Karla

Post by Karla »

Try changing $phpwcms["max_time"] to a much higher value (1800000 or so) in conf.inc.php and give it a try.
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

I tried to find some evidence of MySQL version related login problems. Only thing I came up with was this from MySQL about a change in MySQL 4.1:
the password hashing mechanism was updated in MySQL 4.1 to provide better security and to reduce the risk of passwords being intercepted. Use OLD_PASSWORD() instead of PASSWORD.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Password_hashing.html
So, a fresh install on a server using MySQL 4.1 might work fine, but an upgrade from version 3 to 4 might cause problems? To be honest I'm guessing now. I agree with Mike1, you really need some help from 'the creator' in establishing the cause of the problem. :?
Mike1

Post by Mike1 »

Karla wrote:Try changing $phpwcms["max_time"] to a much higher value (1800000 or so) in conf.inc.php and give it a try.
Already tried - no success...
mdgroot

Post by mdgroot »

Try changing $phpwcms["max_time"] to a much higher value (1800000 or so) in conf.inc.php and give it a try.
nope, no success also.

I have 2 sites.
Site 1 is working with release 27/8
Site 2 is working with the DEV release

On site 1 I cannot login at all. It's just jumping back to the login screen after logging in.

On site 2 I can login and see the admin menu. But if I click one of the options the system is jumping back to the login menu.

So, it looks like the DEV release is handling the login somewhat different ..?
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

mdgroot wrote:On site 2 I can login and see the admin menu. But if I click one of the options the system is jumping back to the login menu.
Sounds like something is prematurely killing the session. Can you check the PHPWCMS config files that you have edited manually to see if there are any trailing spaces after the closing ?> tag. This can cause problems.
mdgroot

Post by mdgroot »

Nope.
I have checked and doublechecked. Besides, I haven't changed a thing for weeks and I'm not the only one having this problem.
mdgroot

Post by mdgroot »

Could it have something to do with the timestamp ?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Upgra ... m-4.0.html
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

There's a similar thread running here in which a MySQL upgrade looks likely to be the culprit. There's a cross-link in my post to another post with a timestamp issue.

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30489#30489

AFAIK Karla first pointed out the timestamp differences with MySQL 4.1. but there appears to be differences in password management too.

I have to say I am a little dissapointed that there is no 'official' response to date to either of these threads. They highlight problems that, despite their best efforts, are stopping people running PHPWCMS. :(
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Sorry - there seems to be a difference in result when comparing SQL UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()) against PHP time(). Normally this should be equal but maybe it isn't anymore.

So I have corrected checklogin.inc.php - the file that keeps user status updated - logged in and when and when timeout and so on. This is a very old file ;-)

Rename old checklogin.inc.php, download, unzip and put new file in "include/inc_lib":
http://www.phpwcms.de/support/checklogin.inc.zip

Works for all releases of phpwcms.

regards
Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон