Article ordering (arrow up/down) does not work

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
spirelli

Article ordering (arrow up/down) does not work

Post by spirelli »

My arrows that move articles within one page up or down behave veru strange. Sometimes it moves something in a wring direction and other arrows don't do anything else but refresh the page?! What's going on here.

Consequently, I am not able to manually order the article listing on the page (which was the reason why I went trough the trouble of updating.

Thanks for any help.

I run Release 1.1-RC4 27-08-2004 + P 1-4
Last edited by spirelli on Thu 4. Nov 2004, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello sorry, need to reply in german

hallo spirelli

mich beschleicht das gefühl das eentweder schon mit deiner installation oder bzw. beim update bei dir etwas möderrisch schief gelaufen ist. anders kann ich mir deine ganzen systemfehler die du hast nicht erklären.

kann es sein das mit deinem ftp cleint nicht alle dateien überschrieben wurden!? bist du sicher das alle db updates ausgeführt wurden. weil du hattest das system ja auf die version vom 27.08.2004 geupdated!?
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

wow, you were up late!
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

not late early!?*smile*

i send you an pn for more cos you have to much problems!!
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

thanks!
sigaq

Post by sigaq »

Hi, I had exactly the same problem of seemingly random ordering everytime you try to alter with the sort up or sort down button.

However - I think I have the answer -

Add

Code: Select all

$dbcon
to the function struct_articlelist ( statement - about line 60 - in include/inc_lib/admin.functions.inc.php
for example:

Code: Select all

function struct_articlelist ($struct_id, $counter, $cut_article,  $dbcon, $article_order=0) {
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

Thanks so much. Seemed noone knew what was going on. Not even Oliver. Well, you definately solved the problem. My system is now doing what it's supposed to you. Thank you again!
Last edited by spirelli on Thu 4. Nov 2004, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
TAOG

Post by TAOG »

it looks like..... great :D

now the sortbuttons work like a charme :D thx 4 work
wireless

Post by wireless »

could be as simple as it is set for date sorting.
see site stucture and check "ordering of assigned articles:" default seams to be "start date"
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

After sigaq fosted his beautigul fix it now has stopped working. What can it be. I also stopped working for sigaq's client. What's going on?!

OLIVEEEER! :cry:
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

offical patch 6 should solve your problem!
nekket

Post by nekket »

Or go to the site structure and change article sorting from descending to ascending... should solve the problem too :D
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

Patch 6 didn't help

-BUT-
nekket wrote:Or go to the site structure and change article sorting from descending to ascending... should solve the problem too :D
My goodness, it works. Have you got any idea why? Not very logical, but I'm happy now.
nekket

Post by nekket »

spirelli wrote:Patch 6 didn't help

-BUT-
nekket wrote:Or go to the site structure and change article sorting from descending to ascending... should solve the problem too :D
My goodness, it works. Have you got any idea why? Not very logical, but I'm happy now.
Bugs don't need to be "logical" :D
qdba

Post by qdba »

No it doesn't...... :(

I've switched the sorting to "start-date". But it doesn't work. When I moved the articles manually it works.

Dieter